What should i get? with the A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiee.....

Here is my A1 setup.....which i normally bring along on trips

- The camera itself
- Battery Grip + 6pcs AA batt. + Hand Grip
- Original Battery
- HOYA SMC Skylight (Which is always on - The cap is not used and usually keep at home)
- 5600HS(D) flash
- 256MB CF card+ PCMCIA Adapter
- brush + Blower.......
- Cable Release (short one)
- Tcon 14 (1.4x)- modified for screw on

optional: Cokin filters......ND grad...

Thats all.....

rgds,
me

Wow.... I love the A1...... :thumbsup:
superb performance and quality......this is what i am looking for..... :heart: ......gone was the F717....now is the A1... :bsmilie:

Went to test shoot today. Day was good....but in a club, the pics didn't turn out as good as I saw in the LCD. Exposure was there but the sharpness wasn't and the AS didn't seem to kick in. Maybe I need to get an external flash.

tmc17479 said:
BTW Sulhan & Keith, what bags did you get for your A1?

LowePro NOVA 3 AW.....with raincoat feature........i went to punggol end to test shot as well........picture was...... :bigeyes: over the F717........i :heart: It......no regrets in getting the A1 :thumbsup:

Your could experiment using ISO400 at P mode. at F3.5 and F11. This is what I normally do at night shots. And if all else fails switch to manual focusing and focus using the manual focus ring. ;)

Hiee....

Good question......i think i should rephrase the question to be....

What camera did i get for the camera bags i have.....the answer is A1. :bsmilie:

Well...i am currently using a few bags for different occassions,

(NOTE: The A1 is fairly large and with the fixed lens, some bags may not be able to accommmodate it snuggly)

- LowePro Mini Trekker Classic - for out and abouts with fellow photoags ans trekking trips (For this bag, the Sponge inserts need to be positioned in such away that the A1 can fir nocely - sharing space with my film system)- More like a Bring All trip kinda thing.... (With Grip On) - See below

baginside.JPG

- Tamrac Velocity 3 (messanger type flat) - Mainly for Crowded Events coverage where i will carry minimal equipment. THis holds the A1 only at the middle compartment if i have two film lenses + 1 body with me. Just got a canvas bag to hide this tamrac V3 inside for my this weekend travels.(With Grip On)

- A 31x18x21 top loader - Simple chinese brand bag which is top load and great for my walkabouts as i can take things in and out without jettisoning my bag (like a Bagpack bag would need). (With Grip on)

So the A1 main gripe is its viewfinder which is slightly longer than the predecessor. It somewhat protrudes out on the back and it tengs to get pressed on the back wall of most bags.

Well....thats about what i keep my A1 in.

hope it helps...!!!!

rgds,
Sulhan

Got a few days of shot over at chinatown and the Zoo....what can i say....the performance and the quality of the cam and the photos are really good.....MacroZ are razer sharp......but the onie prob is.....with my 1gb sandisk, i can onie shoot up to 202 shots with 5mp and xtra fine settings........over 3-4 hours i hace already use up 95% of the space.....now no choice :dunno: ...have to get the X-drive Pro + Hitachi 20GB/8MB/5400Rpm 2.5 HDD to store for my overseas trip.........

keith10w said:
Got a few days of shot over at chinatown and the Zoo....what can i say....the performance and the quality of the cam and the photos are really good.....MacroZ are razer sharp......but the onie prob is.....with my 1gb sandisk, i can onie shoot up to 202 shots with 5mp and xtra fine settings........over 3-4 hours i hace already use up 95% of the space.....now no choice :dunno: ...have to get the X-drive Pro + Hitachi 20GB/8MB/5400Rpm 2.5 HDD to store for my overseas trip.........

of coz :blah:

what CF cards compatible with A1 as discuss in the other thread that some CFs brand causes the A1 to hang ?

Thks.

Status
Not open for further replies.