What SD card you guy used on your FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Ryan

May 21, 2003
Tampines
www.pbase.com
Made up my mind to get the FZ20, What 's the fastest SD in the singapore market ???

thanks

LifeWorld said:
The Kingmax platinum 60X is good enough. I am using 512mb with no problem so far.
how much does kingmax cost for 512?

LifeWorld said:
Got it at $86 in dec 2004. Look around SLS. I boought it at Laser Distribution, 4 floor SLS. 1 gb at that time was $155.

Yup I have that in my PDA, I paid $175 to Laser 2~3 mths ago :sweat:

Just bought a Lexar 1GB High speed for around $130 at SLS. Tested on the FZ20 camera. No problem taking unlimited continuous shot till card is full. For high speed continuous shot it is fast enough that when it had taken four shots, it is ready for the next four shots.

It feel as fast as the Kingmax 60x, which I happen to have as well. Both are good cards. One thing to be aware of for Kingmax is, as it is thin it is possible to slot the card wrongly into the camera.

using NCP & kingmax 1gb on it suprisingly NCP has similar performance compared to kingmax but only cost abt $140 for 1gb even though i got my kingmax on ebay @ $130 still i find it to be a gd buy :)

i got my 1gb kingmax for 145 ^^

Jack_Ryan said:
Made up my mind to get the FZ20, What 's the fastest SD in the singapore market ???

thanks

Just back from the Ideas Exchange at Panasonic HQ.
Keith showed us the new Panasonic Pro Speed 1GB SD Card.

Can take 130+ shots in 1 min on continuous mode.

If you have lots of cash, then wait for this lor, transfer rate at 20 MB/s :bigeyes:

Currently Kingmax has about 10 MB/s transfer :bsmilie:

lol the price how much??180??

genocide said:
lol the price how much??180??

I assume your asking me.. heheheh...
Keith10w did mention that it will cost...
and I am guessing it will be about 300-400?? :eek:
But who knows.. wait till the stock comes then see lor.

its panasonic brand.

ouch....400 for 1 gig kinda high ^^;

rhair78 said:
Just back from the Ideas Exchange at Panasonic HQ.
Keith showed us the new Panasonic Pro Speed 1GB SD Card.

Can take 130+ shots in 1 min on continuous mode.

If you have lots of cash, then wait for this lor, transfer rate at 20 MB/s :bigeyes:

Currently Kingmax has about 10 MB/s transfer :bsmilie:

Just tested on my Lexar 1GB highspeed ....on manual mode with shutter of 1/2000, f8 aperture and on continuous mode, pressed shutter for 15 seconds. Took 33 shots within 15 seconds.....at 1 minutes this will work out to be around 132 shots. :sweatsm:

The Panasonic Pro Speed may have a higher transfer rate of 20 MB/s....but in this case don't think the FZ20 will benefit from it at all. ;)

Mine is Lexar highspeed 10MB/s 256MB.
I tried out the same experiment and I only got 48 shots in 1 minute. :(
Then I thought it must be because it is half the speed of Panasonic one.

Now, after reading your post, I realised that my shots are at Auto Exposure and F2.8 1/4s.
So, I decided to test it again at the same setting as yours; F8 1/2000s.
Then I got 127 shots in 1 minute. :)

BUT ... I forgot to remove my lens cap!!! :bigeyes:
So, the file size is about only 255KB each even at 5MP, 'cause all black. :bsmilie:

Can any other people share your experience?

that a good one! :)

tankm said:
Just tested on my Lexar 1GB highspeed ....on manual mode with shutter of 1/2000, f8 aperture and on continuous mode, pressed shutter for 15 seconds. Took 33 shots within 15 seconds.....at 1 minutes this will work out to be around 132 shots. :sweatsm:

The Panasonic Pro Speed may have a higher transfer rate of 20 MB/s....but in this case don't think the FZ20 will benefit from it at all. ;)

Good observation... would need to do a proper test in controlled environment to fully test the Pana card. Noted. :cool:

tankm said:

I did the same test again on my Lexar (10MB/s) SD card.
56 shots were taken in 1 minute. exposure F2.8 and 1/6s.
Total file size is 95.4 mega bytes.
Ok. Here is my calculation...
95.4 * 8 / 60 = 12.72 mega bits per second.
So, 20MB/s will make a difference, I think.
The average file size for this (low light) case is about 1.7MB per pix.
When there is a bright light, I suppose the file size will be more than 2 mega bytes for 5 meaga pixel shots.
Any comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.