What SD Card do you use??

Status
Not open for further replies.
snapMan said:
your kingston one whats the read/write speed?
sorry for the late reply. was tied up recently. anyway, i don't know the spec u ask. it is not stated in the box. but definitely not high speed card.

From some thread i got from PPCSG, Kingston card have pretty high read speed for the 1 gb card but pretty slow write speed. Can be seen from the thread below, though it is just a benchmark on pocket pc, but i guess the speed is still in the same proportional if used in a camera.

http://www.ppcsg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28211&start=270

If the card is mean for camera it should have high write speed too, but the kingston 512 seem to have pretty bad write speed.

If looking for cheap cards, can check out www.eastgear.com, or the flash best buy... forgot the website, the one at albert complex.

Currently,

Lexar 1gb is at $129, but dont think it is a high speed one, not very sure cos the packaging never show.

Cheers...

Hong Jia said:
From some thread i got from PPCSG, Kingston card have pretty high read speed for the 1 gb card but pretty slow write speed. Can be seen from the thread below, though it is just a benchmark on pocket pc, but i guess the speed is still in the same proportional if used in a camera.

http://www.ppcsg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28211&start=270

If the card is mean for camera it should have high write speed too, but the kingston 512 seem to have pretty bad write speed.

If looking for cheap cards, can check out www.eastgear.com, or the flash best buy... forgot the website, the one at albert complex.

Currently,

Lexar 1gb is at $129, but dont think it is a high speed one, not very sure cos the packaging never show.

Cheers...

this one u mean
http://www.flashcard-bestbuy.com

checked it out at eastgear a few days back, can confirm that the lexar 1gb sold at eastgear is normal speed one.

so far, the ncp 1gb seems the cheapest 60X+ sd card sold in singapore, so i am very keen on that. but also looking at the kingmax 60X 1GB sd card, now selling at laser (sls) for $155. somehow, get the feeling that the kingmax will be of higher quality.

any comments?

lightning69 said:
I bought my Kingmax Platinum(60x and waterproof too) at Simlim lastweek for S$99

Confirm good...I use the 1G version in my Dell PDA...erm...don't know how to benchmark it but I can assure you so far I do not have any problem with :lovegrin:

went down to sls yesterday evening to realise that most of the shops (incl laser and fw) selling kingmax platinum 512MB SD card were out of stock. i am refering to those shops selling the card < $85. got a shop at the back alley selling at $78 :bigeyes: but no more stock also. hai...

walked around and saw a few shops selling at > $89, some 90 over dollars. wanted to get one of those cards, hope that they will replenish stock faster.

anyone heard of this brand Cadmus? got a good deal for it but wondering if it is good.

Am trying a KingMax 1gb sd. SiSoftware Sandra seem to say it's a 2x card. even thought the packaging, Kingmax claim it to be a 66x

:(
:( upset!

Just bought a Kingston Elite Pro 1GB and $135.90 and it work better than my old
Toshiba Hi-Speed 512MB.. ;)

Hey Don, where did u buy your SD card from? 135 for it is a good buy..... :D

Josephteo548 said:
Hey Don, where did u buy your SD card from? 135 for it is a good buy..... :D

Active Foto SLS 4th floor.
Got 2 Active Foto, 1 selling at $139.90 and the other selling at $135.90.
The one selling $135.90 left last pc after I bought mine yesterday afternoon.
Think also kena snatch up liao. Don't know they got new stock in or not.. :think:

Thanks Don. $139.90 still quite reasonable, will go and shop shop at Slim Lim tml.

I think if you guys could, pls help us and benchmark your cards?
from the other thread, kingmax doesn't seem to perform at the 66X stated..

anyway it's silly to say the cards perform with no problems. the only problem card so far I know of is sandisk. let's talk about speed... which has true 66x speed...

size more important or speed? .. maybe it's costs!

Perhaps we should take about CHEAPEST 1gb card?

unseen said:
I think if you guys could, pls help us and benchmark your cards?
from the other thread, kingmax doesn't seem to perform at the 66X stated..

anyway it's silly to say the cards perform with no problems. the only problem card so far I know of is sandisk. let's talk about speed... which has true 66x speed...

Was thinking of of gettinga Kingmax but seem that all shops out of stock
when I went last Sun.
Saw Laser listed it for $139 :bigeyes: on their price list but also no stock.

sinlg said:
size more important or speed? .. maybe it's costs!

Perhaps we should take about CHEAPEST 1gb card?

Cheapest I saw is around $120 but don't what brand lai, think NCP..
Also saw a shop selling the Sandisk 1GB normal at $130.

The 1gb Twinmos Ultra X sellling at $139 at fuwell Sim lim
i am using the 512 version, very happy with it.

Josephteo548 said:
The 1gb Twinmos Ultra X sellling at $139 at fuwell Sim lim
i am using the 512 version, very happy with it.

Twinmos SG Ebuy site also at $139 with free delivery to your place.
I got HWZ Dmcard can get it at $134 from Twinmos.
But I don't quite like it as I tested burst speed with my FZ10 and it took
around 8sec to write, same as my normal Kingston 256mb SD.
The Kingston Ellite Pro 1GB I tested around 4sec and my other Toshiba
512mb Hi-Speed around 4.5sec. ;)

MS Color selling a weird brand (Apen) and is made from malaysia @ $135. They claim it is high speed.

Active Foto still selling the Kingston Elite pro 1GB SD for $135.90 with
quite lot of stocks.
Laser selling the Kingmax Platinum High Speed 66X SD at $139, less than
10 pcs of stocks left.
So anybody looking for hi-speed 1GB Sd can go take a look... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.