What SD Card do you use??

Status
Not open for further replies.
pufferfish said:
Last week, my friend went down SLS and bought a Kingston 512MB SD. She shopped around before settling for a made-in-Japan one. Apparently, some are made in Taiwan, some China, and some Japan. I don't know if there is any difference in quality.....

Two weeks ago, I bought the Kingston 512mb 2mb/sec SD card at $90. It's made in Taiwan. So far so good. Pretty fast in auto-bracket mode. Have not tried burst mode though!
Today, SLS selling this card at $86! Kingmax platinum 1gb at $170. Price continues to fall......

LifeWorld said:
Two weeks ago, I bought the Kingston 512mb 2mb/sec SD card at $90. It's made in Taiwan. So far so good. Pretty fast in auto-bracket mode. Have not tried burst mode though!
Today, SLS selling this card at $86! Kingmax platinum 1gb at $170. Price continues to fall......

which particular shop is that found in, please tell me! :embrass:

LifeWorld said:
Details on this thread first page!
Shop is Laser Distributor at SLS 5th floor.

Hmm Fuwell sells the Kingmax 512MB Platinum at $169. You sure it's the 1GB at $170?

I Bought My 256mb Kingston Sd Card At $45.90 At A Laptop Shop Beside The Escalator 3rd Or 4th Floor 1 Week Ago ...

deathgame said:
Hmm Fuwell sells the Kingmax 512MB Platinum at $169. You sure it's the 1GB at $170?

Yes, I saw it phsyically. Two weeks ago they have one left, Kingmax platinum 1gb sealed at $173. Yesterday, didn't see the physical one though. I saw their printout. Still have the printout with me. It said SD Kingmax hi-speed 512mb $95, 1gb $170. I am still waiting for it to fall further.
Currently using Kingston 512mb 2mb/sec $90 bought at Laser Distributor too. How much is Fuwell selling it? $90 is the cheapest I can find two weeks ago. Yseterday was $86 only! :cry:

FYI, I bought the Kingmax 512Mb (speed = 60X) in HK last month, which is made in Taiwan. It's the cheapest price in the whole computer mall.
U/P = HK$410 = S$89. I also think the price will be going down.

as of now, the cheapest for the kingston 512mb sd card i can find is $62 at BEST.

i think i am going to look stupid.
bought my lexar high speed 256MB for ard 80+

:faint: :flush: :mad2:

um.. i'm not too sure. but anyway, there's a thread in the forum abt the prices of all the memory cards. i guess u could do a search to find out.

acetylcholine said:
i use a lexar high speed 256MB
the 10mb/sec 1

ay i borrow ur thread. I am this same card that you r talking about :) It is a Lexar 256MB SD (10mb/s). Not because it is no good, just that I dun need so many cards. This is a very good card :thumbsup: . Maybe getting Extreme III :eek: 1GB. :bigeyes:

Piper said:
ay i borrow ur thread. I am this same card that you r talking about :) It is a Lexar 256MB SD (10mb/s). Not because it is no good, just that I dun need so many cards. This is a very good card :thumbsup: . Maybe getting Extreme III :eek: 1GB. :bigeyes:

how much was it ?

yeah.. that's according to the price guide that i found.. posted by someone from clubsnap..the link's above.

Sorry guys, I am blur for CF cards

So,

Q1) which is the most reliable CF in the market ?
Q2) where is the difference for those CF which has II III rating ?? or Extreme wording on the CF cards ???

FM2 said:
Sorry guys, I am blur for CF cards

So,

Q1) which is the most reliable CF in the market ?
Q2) where is the difference for those CF which has II III rating ?? or Extreme wording on the CF cards ???

This thread talks about SD (Secured Digital) card, not CF card lar....

My experience: I have a 256MB Taiwan made and a 256MB Sandisk card, the Taiwan made card works perfectly, so is the Scandisk card, except that I have problem uploading photos from Scandisk card to X-Drive...nearly got fainted and heart attack during my last trip. :faint:

However, the Scandisk card works well with FZ10 and my notebook built-in card reader, and the X-drive works well with my Taiwan card, and my Taiwan card works well with everything.

Therefore, it remain unknown why Scandisk card cannot work with X-drive, at least for my case... :dunno:

I bought my Kingmax Platinum(60x and waterproof too) at Simlim lastweek for S$99

lightning69 said:
I bought my Kingmax Platinum(60x and waterproof too) at Simlim lastweek for S$99

Sorry, but what is the capacity? 1GB?? Which floor/shop at Sim Lim?

Status
Not open for further replies.