What Photography Magazines You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photography Monthly - chockful of good articles.

Use to read Practical Photography.

read mostly practical photography,

photography monthly is good too cuz editor was from practical photography but it's a bit too pricey.

I can see most people here read Practical Photography..:thumbsup:

u guys overpay man... just go online and subscribe it from the US. now SGD against USD good so monthly it becomes cheap.

Shutterbug magazine USD 32.95 for 12 issues (https://store.primediamags.com/subscribe/shutterbug/7849/I6ABON/INTL)

Popular Photography & Imaging USD 22 for 12 issues (https://www.neodata.com/hfmus/phot/print_subs.shtml)

Practical Photography is UK based and doesnt seem to have cheap subscription..

But also do checkout Photshop Creative, lots of tips to master CS2 !!!

Now the questions, after reading it......
Stack of magazines. What to do with it????

Regards,
Arto.

Maybe can use it as a subject to shoot? Abstract?;p Or time for them to make a trip to B&S

Artosoft said:
Now the questions, after reading it......
Stack of magazines. What to do with it????

Regards,
Arto.

aaron80 said:
Hi just want to know which photography magazines you all read? And which titles you would recommend? For me, I buy some titles and borrow some from the library. The following are the titles I read. They are placed from my most favourite to least favourite.

1. Practical Photography
2. Popular Photography and Imaging
3. Photovideoi
4. Digital Photography User
5. Petersen Photography

(1) and (3) I buy on a regular basis.. Practical Photography has very gd tips and information each month on how to take better pictures on the different subjects of photography. This magazine is packed full of photography goodness and most importantly it doesnt have alot of pages of advertisments unlike some magazines. I buy Photovideoi coz its a local magazine(support local photography mag) and its the cheapest photography magazine I can find on the market now.. The only gripe I have is that I wish it can have more pages dedicated to taking better photos of different topics.. But nevermind it is already good enough for the price.. My 2nd fav is Popular Photography, I find the reviews of cameras and lens in the magazine very comprehensive and accurate, the reason why i never buy it is because its quite ex, ard $17.90 if I am not wrong. But nonetheless its a gd read and I always look for it 1st in the library..:)
Does National Geographic count?

aaron80 said:
I guess so.. There's alot of very gd photos in it as well..:thumbsup:
I think there are more quality photos in it than photo magazines.

Ya man, the photographers of National Geography are the pros of pros..:thumbsup:

lsisaxon said:
I think there are more quality photos in it than photo magazines.

Well, for me I had a 1 year subscription to National Geographic for just S$49 promo price.... enjoying every issue and never fail to go wow at the great pics....

Strange, how come nobody read Digita Photo? Its a british mag, and I find it one of the best next to Pracxtical photography... and ut comes with a Cd in every issue with different and interesting PS video lessons...price is a bit steep though....S$17.90....

monyat said:
Well, for me I had a 1 year subscription to National Geographic for just S$49 promo price.... enjoying every issue and never fail to go wow at the great pics....

Strange, how come nobody read Digita Photo? Its a british mag, and I find it one of the best next to Pracxtical photography... and ut comes with a Cd in every issue with different and interesting PS video lessons...price is a bit steep though....S$17.90....
That's why, price talking :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

monyat said:
is the promo still on? I usually get 2nd hand copies that are a year old ;p price do talks if we are buying several publications a month :sweat:

$49 for 12 issues is a gd price man..

I saw Digital Photo. It seems quite good but in the end never buy coz price abit steep at $17.90..

monyat said:

cikgoo said:
u guys overpay man... just go online and subscribe it from the US. now SGD against USD good so monthly it becomes cheap.

Shutterbug magazine USD 32.95 for 12 issues (https://store.primediamags.com/subscribe/shutterbug/7849/I6ABON/INTL)

Popular Photography & Imaging USD 22 for 12 issues (https://www.neodata.com/hfmus/phot/print_subs.shtml)

Practical Photography is UK based and doesnt seem to have cheap subscription..

But also do checkout Photshop Creative, lots of tips to master CS2 !!!

thanks. got pop. photo at USD14 for 1 year. that's less than $2 per issue.

Digital Photo previously, now Photography Monthly. Like their intro of places to shoot thruout UK. :thumbsup:

staz said:
photography monthly is good too cuz editor was from practical photography but it's a bit too pricey.

Ya agree. $ gone up at most retailers but can get it cheaper at Popular Book Store. Think its $13.60

Cheers

Practical Photography is great... was able to get it at $12.50 at the airport..so i don't know how prices can get to $14.90..really trying sqeeze the money out of us..

Hey man, how do you subscribe? I want to subscribe too...:cool:

zoossh said:

zoossh said:

u got to add USD8 for overseas right ?

Realise the price of Practical Photography really varies from one place to another.. I got mine at $13.50(I think this is the more common price at most places), there are some places going for $14.90, Patryk got his for $12.50 at airport. Cheapest will be Basheer at Bras Brasah Complex 4th floor for $12 only(Xing got his there).. Maybe can get from there if happen to pass by.. Any1 knows Practical Photography is released which day of the month mah?

Patryk said:
Practical Photography is great... was able to get it at $12.50 at the airport..so i don't know how prices can get to $14.90..really trying sqeeze the money out of us..

Status
Not open for further replies.