What photographic equipment review site would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
adding a list of "Product reviews"... here in the newbie share thread.

yes, i know google is our best friend, but they churned out as much irrelevant things as the relevant ones. some sites i used give very good reviews with cross reference and comparisons. ken rockwell does it (ok, i'm sure other things are said abt him) but the thing is many reviews do not make comparisons and hence may not help the newbies much in their confused mind of state.

i'm looking for such personal experiences from you guys with regards to similar review sites that places some connection to the user as well as comparable equipments, and not just review that review just the tool itself.

i only know a little abt nikon. so other brands users, as well as for other things like bags, filters, flash or anything, do contribute.

imaging resource is also good for general.. i.e. cameras

i think you'll find that there are very few good consolidated sites about bags, filters.. :(

slrgear.com provides lens reviews from users.. not too bad, i use it quite a bit for lens information.

fredmiranda has a pretty good database with user opinion on lenses. Don't use it as your only resource, of course (with the ease of access to information these days, no one site ever should be) but it provides a very useful function for me. Other than that, I rely on dpreview for camera reviews (especially DSLRs) and its forums.

dpreview/fredmiranda/photozone

thanks, guys. have included all of them on top of what i have.

bythom.com

scottkelby.com

not exactly the dpreview or imaging resource kind of review, but very useful tips and some views on nikon equipment (and other photography related stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.