what musical instrument do u play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT abit... can anyone recommend gd music sch for pop piano lessons? other than yamaha pls :sweat:... drop me a pm... thanks!:)

I play music with the Creative Prodikeys keyboard on my PC.

jkl said:
OT abit... can anyone recommend gd music sch for pop piano lessons? other than yamaha pls :sweat:... drop me a pm... thanks!:)

For Piano, go for Victor Dogget Music Studios.....

ooooppppps i meant Nicholas Dogget Music Studios ....@ Mountbatten Road

Victor Dogget is the president of the SMTA (Singapore Music Teachers Association). THeir place may look so cramped and almost impossible to squeeze so many students/teachers and not forgetting their courses are more ex, but its thru this place that many of Singapore's brightest and best performing pianists comes from. Unfortunately, Victor Dogget passed away earlier in the year and there was a writeup on him and now his son, Nicholas took over.

I studied my piano till Grade 5 in Yamaha and moved over was taught by both Victor and Nicholas Dogget and have completed my piano grades.... and must say VDMS is still way way better than Yamaha. The best is their Music Appreciation, which u'll find extremely useful when it comes to higher grades of theory and music appreciation and analysis

:thumbsup:

Stereobox said:
anyone interested in jamming some blues rock?

hey man, i play blues guitar. fancy for a jam? :thumbsup:

1) Stereobox - drums (not technically proficient)
2) Razor -
3) Popeye - Guitar

Hmm... it's interesting to note that there are quite a number of bass players here. Anyone interested for a bass gathering? ;p

I play guitar mainly, used to play lead/1st rhythm in a band.

Can also play piano, drums and sax.

Once you join a band, u can kinda learn the skills from the other band mates. Of coz u have to trade by teaching your own skill ;)

Have this really good 1-1 teacher (drums & sax), usually gives my friends free intro lesson - if anyone interested just PM me.

icarus said:
Maybe we can start our DT tribute band

Guitar - Dreamtheatre
Bass - littledigitalartist
Kb -
Drums -
Vocals -

Event photographer - icarus

Set list:
-------
Metropolis Pt.1
Pull Me Under
Under a glass moon
Erotomania
Change of Seasons
Regression-Overture 1928-Strange Deja Vu-Fatal Tragedy Medley
Ytsejam

:bsmilie: :sweat: :sweat:
this is a killer set! :sweat: esp the medley.

I play the Bb clarinet, Bass clarinet, Eb clarinet, Alto clarinet, C clarinet and A clarinet..
*all same fingering mah..oppz..hahaz*

But mostly play the Bb clarinet and Alto clarinet. So only two clarinetist in this thread?

electric guitar , harmonica

i play a fender tele TL-43 with a peavey envoy 110 which i just bought yesterday!!!

don't know if you people listen to those post-hardcore/alternative/screamo. abit screaming here and there.. just wanna share with you guys, my band Aviery. me and my lady guitarist write all our stuff. i'm the singer/guitarist/pianist. we're recording next month, releasing an album next year May..

check out our upcoming gig.. could be around your area. might be performing at (tampines)Sun Plaza park on the 26th afternoon for a BMX competition. :)

awakethrice said:
don't know if you people listen to those post-hardcore/alternative/screamo. abit screaming here and there.. just wanna share with you guys, my band Aviery. me and my lady guitarist write all our stuff. i'm the singer/guitarist/pianist. we're recording next month, releasing an album next year May..

check out our upcoming gig.. could be around your area. might be performing at (tampines)Sun Plaza park on the 26th afternoon for a BMX competition. :)

Oh lovely, you guys are what sort of alternative?

I listen lots of indie rock records.

I play a violin, 4 years now.
Piano 5 years (secondary school - music lesson, then got a keyboard and still playing), recorder (primary school - compulsory).
Drums since Primary 5, recommended by my music teacher then in school.

Took up acoustic guitar last year, so far I can only play those easy tunes with guitar tabs, like Enter Sandman. Haha.

Drudkh said:
this is a killer set! :sweat: esp the medley.

Can try la hehehe

Drudkh said:
wah, you can play all the songs? :bigeyes:

5 years ago, now my fingers stiffened up liao
Can only play regression now :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I play guitar, Drums, synthesizers and run a home recording studio doing demo CDs for publication purposes. I am a songwriter.

icarus said:
5 years ago, now my fingers stiffened up liao
Can only play regression now :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
:bsmilie: so jialat meh? Hell Kitchen should be easy la, also Goodnight Kiss. ;p

Drudkh said:
:bsmilie: so jialat meh? Hell Kitchen should be easy la, also Goodnight Kiss. ;p

'Playable' DT songs Jam
----------------------
Regression
Hell's Kitchen
Goodnight kiss
Another Day
Pull Me Under
Silent man
Finally Free

Status
Not open for further replies.