What major breakthrough to expect in lens technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how abt replacing glass with polycarbonate?

are there any ongoing R&D being conducted for such purpose? for one, lens need not be heavy anymore...

I have a simpler wish... a blend between a Tessar and a Plannar at low cost. That will make me happy... errm...make that a 4/3 mount please... LOL.

probably more DO (from Canon) type of lenses from diff manufacturers. using high refractive index glass juz like those used in specs? that shud keep the weight down considerably. :thumbsup: hopefully also the price.

i want the old 50 f/1.0 back but under $1000...

LittleWolf said:
Liquid lens technology works only for very small lenses. You'd have a hard time stabilising and suspending a droplet big enough to serve as the front element in a 1200mm, f/2.8 super tele ;).

what if you consider 1 tiny liquid lens per pixel site... you might get 1200mm f1.0. :think: :dunno:

Only drawback would be condensation and freezing of such a tiny lens.

A lens which is smaller in diameter, meaning scaled down sensor, lens, and all the electronics
by 1/5. With improvements in electronics, we expect low noise, high ISO 3200, 500mm F/1.4 IS USM and weight only 250gram.

Paul_Yeo said:
lens that is compatible with all brands? :bsmilie:
Tamron used to have something like that via the Adaptall mount.

Snoweagle said:
Wah...such as sapphire crystal or a diamond coating...that'll cost a bomb! :bigeyes:
How about Nano Crystal Coating? http://www.photoscala.com/node/view/431

Doesn't make it scratch resistant but it claims to eliminate internal reflection.

And a lens which incorporated this coating is already in the market. :)

lsisaxon said:
How about Nano Crystal Coating? http://www.photoscala.com/node/view/431

Doesn't make it scratch resistant but it claims to eliminate internal reflection.

And a lens which incorporated this coating is already in the market. :)

Cool stuff! I've seen that 300mm Nikon lens before and it's very ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.