What is your goal in photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
barracuda said:
I am just wondering what is the goal that you want to achieve in photography?

As for me, after shooting this & that for a while, I am kind of lost. I don't really know what I want to achieve. For example, shooting portraits, is it just that pretty face? or you want to be another Greg Gorman or Sarah Silver? If just another Greg Gorman, then you will forever be 2nd class at best; if not, what do you want to be? I am just terribly lost. :dunno:

why not be yourself? develop your own unique photographic style, then in the future, aspiring photographers will want to be another Barracuda.

eow said:
a chance to strike a conversation with pretty ladies/models :bsmilie:

You've got your wish. This lady is waiting for you nightly at OCH:

11562948_3b1ed97137_o.gif

zaren said:
why not be yourself? develop your own unique photographic style, then in the future, aspiring photographers will want to be another Barracuda.

Thank you for your encouraging words. That's exactly what I am trying, but now I feel like I am in the middle of a misty jungle, lost, not knowing which direction to go. I need to find some inspirations.

barracuda said:
Thank you for your encouraging words. That's exactly what I am trying, but now I feel like I am in the middle of a misty jungle, lost, not knowing which direction to go. I need to find some inspirations.

check out the best galleries at pbase....and try out similar projects and concepts. it will definitely revitalise ur photography and give u fresh inspiration.

Sion said:
You've got your wish. This lady is waiting for you nightly at OCH:

11562948_3b1ed97137_o.gif
No tks ... u can have her all to yrself :bsmilie:

eow said:
No tks ... u can have her all to yrself :bsmilie:

so....to recap.

for gorgeous models like constance, contact petf69 or charby.
for ghostly models who reside in old haunted buildings, contact sion.

:bsmilie:

zaren said:
so....to recap.

for gorgeous models like constance, contact petf69 or charby.
for ghostly models who reside in old haunted buildings, contact sion.

:bsmilie:

Zaren & eow,

Just turn up at OCH. No apointments are needed.

Judy, Patricia and Gale are all free for you to shoot before sunrise.

They may be a bit stiff and cold to pose leh. Please post your results here.

Sion said:
Zaren & eow,

Just turn up at OCH. No apointments are needed.

Judy, Patricia and Gale are all free for you to shoot before sunrise.

They may be a bit stiff and cold to pose leh. Please post your results here.

so the one in the photo is judy, patricia or gale?

dun forget you have to hold the incense erm i mean the reflector during the shoot.

zaren said:
check out the best galleries at pbase....and try out similar projects and concepts. it will definitely revitalise ur photography and give u fresh inspiration.

Or you could take an extended break, like what I'm doing, and engage in anything but photography. Surprisingly, you will take better pictures when you know what you want.

The_Cheat said:
Or you could take an extended break, like what I'm doing, and engage in anything but photography. Surprisingly, you will take better pictures when you know what you want.

one way is to take a break...another way is to keep plugging away and trying something different. no harm experimenting with both approaches.

My goal I guess is to take a few photo's that I can sit back and think," Those are damn good".

May never happen, but it is my goal and I'm sticking to it ;)

Cheers.

memories, photography to me helps me retain menories, check out my website and u will see 2 travelogues that I done....helps me relives them

:)

Voigtlander said:
To document my environment as an existential statement. :D

er...what does that mean ?

:what:

I believe a major percentage of people on this forum has no direction or purpose in photography. Camera equipment are just like their electronic gadgets, like the everyday mp3 players and PDA. I was talking to a friend recently about model shoot. I told him I was not surprised that people are willing to pay to see beautiful models, but why pay that $40-60 to see a beautiful model. If I am to do that, I would pay the money to "enjoy" myself instead of seeing the model and "masterbed" over it. Of course I do not pay for such service, as I do not have the need to.

Back to photography, is it not basically creating pictures we personally want to see? Of course when we factor in the cost, time and influence by others it will change accordingly.

zaren said:
one way is to take a break...another way is to keep plugging away and trying something different. no harm experimenting with both approaches.

more likely i will take the 2nd path. i still need to improve my technical skills in photography, so must practise more. taking a break is a good alternative, but i think that is for those who are already good in the technicals.

use photography to recreate art, which quite a few of us do, using photoshop, like "morphing" photos into paintings or enlarging our favourite prints as posters for the home?

barracuda said:
more likely i will take the 2nd path. i still need to improve my technical skills in photography, so must practise more. taking a break is a good alternative, but i think that is for those who are already good in the technicals.

another way is to sign up for photography courses/workshops at PSS, SAFRA, OBJECTIFS etc. anyway, you hit the nail on the head. practice makes perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.