What is your first impression of this local photog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
um...don't see anything wrong with the cheerleaders album. i've seen much much worse or distasteful even on clubsnap. even then "worse or distasteful" is subjective. :think:

do you find photos offensive because:
1. your friends are involved?
2. the captions which appear to be quotes from somewhere?

as for shooting mostly females, i doubt he is alone in this pursuit. ;)

jodie_tan said:
His cropping sucks...btw...what is SGgirls? A tkp forum to stare at chio bus?

Haha what do you think? But yes, it is.

yanyewkay said:
cheer leader album wasn't really tastefully done IMO.
I think he's just trying to draw more hits to his albums/site with words such as "HOT SINGAPORE GIRLS"

There's something wrong with his modelling workflow, he's definitely a cameraman more than a photographer.

Some thought about him:
- he posts up tonnes of images. Some can make it. Some (most) cannot.
- he doesn't bother to touch up the photos before posting. Sooo many pimples on the model's face with nice hilighting shadows to it.
- some of the photos bears water marks of another name (not "teducation" or "TED") maybe it's his real name :dunno: (and I tot his name was Ted)
- most of his model shoots aren't in focus :think:

and he hilighted in his album home page:

that's about it. Nothing special about him..

It's easy to be touted as an expert photog amongst your friends, just get a DSLR...

Is it a crime to take shots of an event as a hobby and post it for others to see?If so, why don't we declare photography as a private pursuit? As for pictures of people , when you are in a event where you know is a public performance, then you just gotta be prepared to have your shots taken.This guy's shots are not obscene or suggestive so I see no evidence of any unsalaciousness.Anyway, expertise in any area is a pretty subjective thing.And photography is similar to art, where individual judgement is the priamry source of critique, not a fixed set of guidelines.

If you want to perform in the limelight,grow some thicker skin, or else stay at home.Jeez..

We're all here to learn and grow..so the less judgement reserved, the happier we all are :)

lavenderlilz said:
He does have rather odd captions like "A perfect wife is one who doesn't expect a perfect husband. - Anonymous" as seen in this example:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/294606207/295445354msfAEZ

I was going like .... huh? :dunno:

I'll give this another miss.

It's to Chim for my little brain.

lavenderlilz said:
He does have rather odd captions like "A perfect wife is one who doesn't expect a perfect husband. - Anonymous" as seen in this example:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/294606207/295445354msfAEZ

I was going like .... huh? :dunno:
I am a perfect husband, but still haven't found a wifey........what is my problem?.........

Hong Sien

sehsuan said:
http://community.webshots.com/user/teducation

He took shots of some of my friends during a cheerleading competition, but his other photos.... :dunno:
Hi, I was wondering, after reading your message: are you unhappy because of the other pics OR because of the pics he took from your friends?.............

HS

hongsien said:
Hi, I was wondering, after reading your message: are you unhappy because of the other pics OR because of the pics he took from your friends?.............

HS

he didn't take photos *from* my friends. he took photos of some of my friends, and slapped slapstick-comedy mismatching quotes to them, and has lots of other dubious photos on his site.

i see nothing special in his work and i think he must be using a PnS or is his skill ??? i am not saying PnS is bad but when looking tru his shot i see red eye , over expose pic ...etc and the way he composition is like nothing special just point and shoot ...

my 2 cent worth

Photographer has interest in different subjects .... this guy happen to enjoy collecting images of girls, girls, girls (which is actually quite meaningless). Some prefer to shoot only dogs, or cats, or children, etc.... Collecting tons of images on any subject may appear meaningless to us but to that person, it's their interest. Sometimes we ask ourselves what is the purpose of having 100,000 images in our CDs when we know there is no one to show to or worst thing, we don't even know when we are going to look at them again.
I think all of us must think in term of quality and not quantity. I am most impressed by the fine collection of quality images (probably less than a hundred) in the notebook of Mr Willy Foo. We all must learn to keep only the best shots and discard the rest, probably 1 in 100 shots?
Leave this guy alone, i am sure he will get sick of this hobby when he matures (or will he?).

Photography is free form art, there shouldn't be any constraints to what the subject may be. It takes a bit of know how to approach a stranger to have their picture taken and this fella seems to have done it many times over. I only wish I could be that bold and tactful.

Look at my gallery, it's all about things with wings. Should I get a label too?

Terence said:
Photography is free form art, there shouldn't be any constraints to what the subject may be. It takes a bit of know how to approach a stranger to have their picture taken and this fella seems to have done it many times over. I only wish I could be that bold and tactful.

Look at my gallery, it's all about things with wings. Should I get a label too?

How about Wings Man?

guess he just doesnt like it when photos of his friends get labelled by what he perceives as offensive captions. but then its ok strangers get labelled the same way.... :dunno:

LazerLordz said:
Is it a crime to take shots of an event as a hobby and post it for others to see?If so, why don't we declare photography as a private pursuit? As for pictures of people , when you are in a event where you know is a public performance, then you just gotta be prepared to have your shots taken.This guy's shots are not obscene or suggestive so I see no evidence of any unsalaciousness.Anyway, expertise in any area is a pretty subjective thing.And photography is similar to art, where individual judgement is the priamry source of critique, not a fixed set of guidelines.

If you want to perform in the limelight,grow some thicker skin, or else stay at home.Jeez..

We're all here to learn and grow..so the less judgement reserved, the happier we all are :)
huh? :dunno: thread starter asking for comment.. I just giving what I felt. I din't say it was wrong to post up pics nor did I say his pics were "obscene or suggestive"

I think the quotes as captions are randomly generated or picked. Another way to generate traffic to your pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.