What is your favourite lens?

I don't have a certain favourite because my lenses serve different purposes and they cannot replace each other. My most used lenses are the 14-24mm and PC-E 24mm. Probably use them about 80% of the time.

haha seems like a lot of people likes a few specific lens...
it'd be good if we can take some time to say why that particular lens is well liked/favourite, then perhpas it will be more educational for ppl reading this thread who's looking to upgrade/change to another lens :)

mazeppa26 said:
haha seems like a lot of people likes a few specific lens...
it'd be good if we can take some time to say why that particular lens is well liked/favourite, then perhpas it will be more educational for ppl reading this thread who's looking to upgrade/change to another lens :)

It's good for people who are thinking of that NOT to depend on the answer here. What one like may not be what other like. Most importantly, one need to find out what he/she needs and get the right thing. Dun go gear chasing, it's not worth it. Renting may be a better way to scratch the itch.

I'm in love with the awesome Nikon Lens lineage, so no particular favorites, as there are pros and cons for each.

But my top utilized lens would be Nikon 50mm F1.8 AIS =)

my favorite got to be 70-200 VR2.. i owned all the versions of 80-200 and 70-200 and this VR2 is the best of the lots in term of IQ, sharpness, VR and Focus speed.. If toking about color i loves the push pull 80-200.. i got many lovely color pics from that lens..

ANother one is the AFD 85mm F1.4 superb color and bokeh that the current G cant replicate.. no way man... although modern and new lenses have Naro coating etc to improve IQ it somehow remove the magical color of nikon and make it more towards sigma's color signature

Last edited:
Nikkor 24-120 f4

Renting buying all doesn't matter just get lens that you like and when u need to succumb to the GAS can always look for CS BnS haha... But by looking through this thread it also means that everyone likes every lens that Nikon makes haha ;)

These two are mine favourite:
Nikon 35mm f2 ais
Nikon 18mm f3.5 ais

Have them mounted on mine F3 most often:)

I have five Nikon lenses.16mm f2.8 ais fisheye,50mm f1.4 af,50mm f1.2 ai,20-35mm f2.8 afd and 18-200mm.Cannot find which one is my favourite lens. :think:

Nikkor 17-55 f2.8G for travel and all around lens
Nikkor 85 f/1.4D for portraits, streets and low lights
Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8G for tele

Last edited:
Since I am using this kit lens most often, nikon afs 18-105 mm VR, it should be the one. I would love to have a fast wide angle lens but have yet to decide which one.

35mm len for me, ais, afd, afs all 3 of them.

21mm which i use for my landscape and travel photos
35mm which I use for my pre wedding & portrait & travel & street photos
135mm which i use for my pre wedding & portrait photos

:)

Haha will favorite lens be the most used lens or favorite and very expensive so save in dry box and only take out for the special occasions ;)