what is there to do/see at Bintan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
hey guys, going to bintan tmr with my GF for 3 days... heard that can go to kelong to fish and eat seafood? is that true? any other fun stuff to do? please enlighten me.. TIA

Bintan is a huge place compared to SG. It'll take you a few hours to drive from one end of the island to the other end! So where will you be staying? In one of the SG's hotel resorts or in Tg. Pinang which is like about 4 hours drive away. Many things to see and do in TP like fishing, diving , etc. Take a tour - a full day's tour of Bintan. Or play golf, or GF, or ....

Bintan is a huge place compared to SG. It'll take you a few hours to drive from one end of the island to the other end! So where will you be staying? In one of the SG's hotel resorts or in Tg. Pinang which is like about 4 hours drive away. Many things to see and do in TP like fishing, diving , etc. Take a tour - a full day's tour of Bintan. Or play golf, or GF, or ....

will be staying in the resorts, Bintan Lagoon resort... maybe could make a day trip out of Tg Pinang... thanks!

hey guys, going to bintan tmr with my GF for 3 days... heard that can go to kelong to fish and eat seafood? is that true? any other fun stuff to do? please enlighten me.. TIA

Hi bro, long time no see. :)

Seriously, the food at the kelong seafood restaurant is nothing near fantastic and it is not

exactly located in a kelong. :nono: It's looked to me like some sort of wooden architecture

structure that stretches to the sea (river??? :dunno: ) Furthermore, the view is just so so

but it's quite peaceful eating there. Remember to bring insect repellent if you really keen to

pay a visit there. The mosquito is really :thumbsup:

The last time I went bintan with my group of fren (about 10).. we just stayed in the bungalow at bintan lagoon resort and played playstation n cards.. and we played around with the buggy provided, and played table tennis n pool at the recreation centre..played volleyball at the beach... thats pretty much there is to bintan lagoon resort.. we weren't adventurous enough to venture out to eat seafood.. hahahahahaha...

The last time I went bintan with my group of fren (about 10).. we just stayed in the bungalow at bintan lagoon resort and played playstation n cards.. and we played around with the buggy provided, and played table tennis n pool at the recreation centre..played volleyball at the beach... thats pretty much there is to bintan lagoon resort.. we weren't adventurous enough to venture out to eat seafood.. hahahahahaha...

oh ok ok... will try to find some form of entertainment then... haha... maybe go visit Banyan Tree and Angsana Spa resorts to look see.. take some nice pictures... haha...

food at that kelong not nice..not worth the $$$.......

suggest you just spend time with your gf...leave your cam aside;)

food at that kelong not nice..not worth the $$$.......

suggest you just spend time with your gf...leave your cam aside;)

he he... thanks bro.. will do...

Do try the ATVs, they are fun to ride :) Opt for the 1/2 hour version, because whether its 1hr or 1/2 hr, you still get 1hr :p :p.

old uncles hugging their indon mistress. :think:

Beside that in Bintan there are so much to do e.g.

1. Climb the coconut tree competition.
2. Sleep or read a novel underneath a shady coconut tree.
3. Count coconuts game.
4. Play waterpolo with a coconut.
5. Join a coconut drink bar.

:)

Go down to their town, Pasar Ole Ole... Can take the bus from the hotel lobby, $4 or $6 per pax. For 2 pax only its fine, the other time I went with friends, 6 of us we took taxi instead, cheaper. But we have an indo-chinese with us so we got better deals!

There's a spa just opposite Pasar Ole Ole, its cheaper than the one at the hotel for sure!

Can buy dvds and watch in the room too!

bintan lagoon resort is very expensive and the feeling is like in Singapore.

Tg. Pinang is cheaper and there can buy a lot of local products

Beside that in Bintan there are so much to do e.g.

1. Climb the coconut tree competition.
2. Sleep or read a novel underneath a shady coconut tree.
3. Count coconuts game.
4. Play waterpolo with a coconut.
5. Join a coconut drink bar.

:)

6.build a coconut husk raft..
7.paddle it around the island with a tripod

the overall champion gets to pose for a portrait shot with a monkey ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.