What is the cost of exclusive use of picture for 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleray

Aug 22, 2004
www.raymondlim.com
Hi All
Someone actually offered to buy 2 of my underwater pictures for use on their resort brochues and to be printed on banners

Was wondering if anyone knows what is a reasonable price to charge for exclusive 1 year ...whatever that means. I am very much an amateur ... so doing this very much much for fun.

"exclusive 1 year" I think they mean u cannot sell the image to another company/ client in a 1 year period, after 1 year u can sell again.

Reasonable price? maybe $1k per image :think: , but u got to start asking for higher price, normally the client will negotiate lower after u tell them your price...

don't need to think it does mean that they want to be the only one using that image for the time stated, check with stock photo site for the market price (rights managed)

eagleray said:
Hi All
Someone actually offered to buy 2 of my underwater pictures for use on their resort brochues and to be printed on banners

Was wondering if anyone knows what is a reasonable price to charge for exclusive 1 year ...whatever that means. I am very much an amateur ... so doing this very much much for fun.

Woah.... how you get such lobang...?

eagleray said:
Hi All

I wished I did that. Sigh..... :cry:
Den I wun be thinking of how to survive next month... :bheart:

wow u mean can really sell 1k meh ? Hmmm .. that funds NEW equipment :cool:
dont think so lah ... just amateurish stuff leh

Worked together and negotiate for two voucher stay in the resorts. Both party wins.
And can take more pictures.

to you might be amatuerish stuff... to them it's professionally taken :D go ahead and ask for something you feel your picture is worth.

U may like to know some resorts charge >US$1k per day/night, so when u ask then S$1k for 1 image that may sound like peanut to them really.

Goodness.... I din noe that. Honest. :eek:

Time to start charging or else I'm going to eat wind and grass to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.