What exactly is the CPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12go4

Aug 23, 2004
Hi All

Saw a recent Post about the Canon Profesional Service.

Would be interested to know what this Service is all about ? Is it open only to full-time photographers ?

If not, what are the benefits for serious amatuers ? What (if any) is the fees ?

Regards

MANoj

Got it from another country's Canon site, should be more or less the same rules for the membership of different countries. hope it helps....

CPS (Canon Professional Services) is a service designed to support Canon Professional Users. It is currently a free service designed to provide busy professionals with information and support to help them in their work. Because this service is designed for Professional Users there are some entry qualifications. In general you should own at least 2 Professional Canon AF bodies and 3 Canon L-series lenses. We regret that we are currently unable to accept applications for CPS Membership from Countries other than those listed in the application form where we have the necessary CPS support staff.

Neither can we accept applications from Non-Professionals but if you would like to be kept informed about Canon Products and activities you can still register to receive a regular CPS Newsletter.

Source: http://www.cps.canon-europe.com/membership/whatisCPS.jsp

Its free but you must be full time photographer + Canon user with L len of course.

John Tan said:
Its free but you must be full time photographer + Canon user with L len of course.

no. no need to be full time. there's no rule in the s'pore CPS membership form dat said u must be full time.

the basic requirement for s'pore's CPS membership is 1 pro body and 1 L-lens. the pro-body part quite dicey. some said any DSLR body can already. some say must have the 1-series DSLR body. :dunno: for film, pro body will be any of the 1-series (1N, 1V etc..)

the form is only available at harbourfront. canon service centre at funan dun have... heck. the staff there dun even know wat is CPS when i asked them. ;p

Again, your valuable info is much appreciated.

Cheers

MANoj

you can apply using D30, D60, 10D, 20D, or 1series bodies with 1 L Lens. Its FOC for 2 years and will take 4 - 5 months to process cos it will be send to Canon HK to do the processing.

requirements: pro-body (10d and above) & 1 L-lens. got my membership card around 2 months after submitting the form.

madmacs said:
requirements: pro-body (10d and above) & 1 L-lens. got my membership card around 2 months after submitting the form.
Are you entitled to discount on servicing Bodies & Lenses ?

30% on L Lens servicing / repair

Ok...I just went down to Canon to ask.

30% discount for lens, body, flash etc ONLY the service fee. If parts repalcement, there is NO discount.
So eg. you send camera for servicing, there is a 30% on the service charge of $120. If any replacement of parts, there is no discount on it.

They will rush to repair/service CPS member's equipments. However if they cannot repair in time for your next use, they will loan you the same item BUT if the dun have the exact same item, they will loan you something else.
Eg If you repair 16-35, they dun have a 16-35 with them, they'll loan a 17-40 or 17-35 to you.

NO equipment rental available. They DO NOT rent out equipments. You can't just pay & rent a 1DmkII to go for a shoot.

IMO, there is no really special privillages being a CPS member, except you'll be invited to new product launches & the 30% discount for service charge.
Even those who don't have CPS can request for set to be loaned when theirs is being serviced/repair.

AND sorry to say...no 30% discount for CCD cleaning :rolleyes:

madmacs said:
what is and above? is 20D considered aobve 10D?

madmacs said:
Yeah just wanna confirm, because I remember Sehsuan once mentioned all the DSLR's are considered eligible. :think:

DaNi3L said:
Yeah just wanna confirm, because I remember Sehsuan once mentioned all the DSLR's are considered eligible. :think:
No, the lower end like 300D is not eligible. I was also told 10D, 20D & the 1 series are eligible

gryphon said:
No, the lower end like 300D is not eligible. I was also told 10D, 20D & the 1 series are eligible

different ppl tell me different things

last year when i was there they say 2 bodies 2 L lenses, then i waited and waited and finally got 3L lenses and 2 bodies then i apply and found out it was the European requirement.

nightwolf75 said:
no. no need to be full time. there's no rule in the s'pore CPS membership form dat said u must be full time.

the basic requirement for s'pore's CPS membership is 1 pro body and 1 L-lens. the pro-body part quite dicey. some said any DSLR body can already. some say must have the 1-series DSLR body. :dunno: for film, pro body will be any of the 1-series (1N, 1V etc..)

the form is only available at harbourfront. canon service centre at funan dun have... heck. the staff there dun even know wat is CPS when i asked them. ;p

Actually the requirement from the form mention 'Pro cam' are refering to "1" series only...it just that some cser are trying their luck to get it but provided they had purchased quite a few L len of course.

20D/10D is consider Semi-pro while 300D/350D is entry level.

Maybe u mention you have a few 'L' len to compensate the diff as they always assume Pro or full time photographer able to justify '1' series cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.