What draws you to Micro 4/3s?

Actually if you print that big, you wouldnt normally be standing so close to examine the noise so unless it was super duper noisy to begin with, you wouldnt be likely to see it.

Kinda like looking at a painting in the art gallery from a suitable distance instead of standing with my nose inches away to see the texture of the paint used.

Actually if you print that big, you wouldnt normally be standing so close to examine the noise so unless it was super duper noisy to begin with, you wouldnt be likely to see it.

Kinda like looking at a painting in the art gallery from a suitable distance instead of standing with my nose inches away to see the texture of the paint used.

Actually, the 'standing with my nose inches away' thing is pretty common with paintings, no? It's the original 'pixel peeping' tradition :bsmilie: Like you said, to observe and experience the artist's strokes, technique, texture, etc.

Perhaps the content of the print plays a part too. E.g., People are unlikely to move closer to view it if it's not a very detailed image to begin with.

Last edited:
small lens + body, just see the panasonic 2.8 zooms, 2 zooms + 2 bodies + a few primes can go into a shoulder bag easily.
beautiful and brilliant lens
smooth operation, touch focus, fast & reliable AF, no operational hiccups, very reliable performance
5 axis stabilization

GPGT please (of the banner) ;p

lo, what happened to trust and faith.

here's what I printed for 2x2m.

996152_764247130308598_8171905734059065564_n.jpg

and I didn't even shoot in RAW, I shot in SF JPEG for the originals. The main pic was at least 1m x 1m.

and beyond GPGT, if anyone wants to see the real thing, come Punggol and I can unroll it for u to stick your nose close to it to marvel at the pixels lol.

So cute...

Its the Goldilocks system for me.
m43 sensor size and corresponding lens size are a good compromise between size and quality.
But I use more than one system though. m43 is might travel and light kit

Wow.. I haven't tried so large prints. Can you see the noise? Because m43 tends to be more noisy..

It matters not cause you're not going to stand 30 cm away from the print, you're going to stand a distance to enjoy the full print, therefore, pixelation(non extreme case) and noise is not an issue. Besides, noise in m43 is so well controlled today I only see the noise during comparisons between cameras and not on print

I used to lug a SLR, with 3 primes, 1 zoom, motor winder, flash gun and films around, yes films, that was the pre-digital age...

I stopped doing that because of work and the dawn of the digital age...DSLRs is too ex as well.

That was 10 years ago, now I just recently acquired an EM10, and I am rediscovering a passion that I thought was lost for good.

Its the size and affordability that made me choose a M43, as i am also too old to lug DSLRs around...just want to carry a small bag and whips out the camera for a quick shot when i see something nice...

I used to lug a SLR, with 3 primes, 1 zoom, motor winder, flash gun and films around, yes films, that was the pre-digital age... I stopped doing that because of work and the dawn of the digital age...DSLRs is too ex as well. That was 10 years ago, now I just recently acquired an EM10, and I am rediscovering a passion that I thought was lost for good. Its the size and affordability that made me choose a M43, as i am also too old to lug DSLRs around...just want to carry a small bag and whips out the camera for a quick shot when i see something nice...

Nice ;)
And u also have lazy buggers like me who upgraded from PnS and simply refuse to carry a few kilograms around and went straight to MFT.

Especially when you have baby, imagine with their milk bottles, milk powder, pram, diapers, etc...do you still have the mood to bring along your BIG, HEAVY impressive DSLR with couple of lenses?...I been through and you rather shoot with your mobile phone...haha...

lo, what happened to trust and faith.

here's what I printed for 2x2m.

Haha, thanks. Not that I didn't believe it was real, just curious how the banner turned out. ;p Cuteness man.

lo, what happened to trust and faith. here's what I printed for 2x2m. and I didn't even shoot in RAW, I shot in SF JPEG for the originals. The main pic was at least 1m x 1m. and beyond GPGT, if anyone wants to see the real thing, come Punggol and I can unroll it for u to stick your nose close to it to marvel at the pixels lol.

Bro, your baby princess named Kei?? My newborn son have the same name as her....haha

Haha, hi-5! We chose Kei as a shortened form from Keiko , and Kei in hiragana translates directly to 'Blessing / Bliss' ;)

Haha, thanks. Not that I didn't believe it was real, just curious how the banner turned out. ;p Cuteness man.

Thanks ;) But really I do understand , many guests did ask me how did I get the poster done and they had the idea very expensive equipment was used lol.

1) Good handling for the size
2) Decent enough sensor (though not for landscapes for my tolerance levels, which is why I have a Fuji system.. And of course the 10-24 is great - I'm always wishing they did dials like on the EM-5 though)
3) Very nice prime lenses, and of course the new pancake zoom is compact too
4) Weight...
5) Touch screen focus, believe it or not. Not so applicable for humans, but for cats you can have the face moving everywhere, it's far easier to tap a nose than to fiddle around select the AF point as the cat licks itself.. pauses.. licks itself.. looks up.. etc. Even with the best handling DSLR you can't change that fast.

Last edited:
Haha, hi-5! We chose Kei as a shortened form from Keiko , and Kei in hiragana translates directly to 'Blessing / Bliss' ;)

Haha..great minds think alike..

Kei translates to "bright" and "generous" too..

It matters not cause you're not going to stand 30 cm away from the print, you're going to stand a distance to enjoy the full print, therefore, pixelation(non extreme case) and noise is not an issue. Besides, noise in m43 is so well controlled today I only see the noise during comparisons between cameras and not on print

I do view large print at distance of 30cm or so cos I hang them in my house.. limitation of new hdb..