What brand of tripod do you use?

What brand of tripod do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
erhm.. if it's called a ball head, then the part that it rests on which is part of the tripod.. is it called the neck?

ok.. is this "neck" the same size for all tripods ? Can I replace my 3-way pan head by replacing it with a ballhead? How much is a ball head ? is it heavy ? Read that mini ballheads are also available.. when is the mini ballhead used?

Originally posted by jeff chen
Excuse my ignorance, but where is PP? People's Park or Peninsula Plaza? Can give the name and unit no. of the shop pse...I am also looking for that thingy lar...:bsmilie:

it's Peninsula.

if ya hang out there ya'd notice the temple at the 2nd floor with the dog pic outside. priest preaches on voigtlander and ricoh compact cameras, ha ha ha.. the kaiser man's shop is diagonal. hell, i can't remember the unit number! (who does anyway) :dunno:

I am not fighting the idea of the ball head , but the very precise ones cost like gold and their weigh is too mats ..
And they do need heavy cameras to operate right , we are working mostly digital , so we need precise & light weigh & affordable solutions , so the Manfrotto 141RC is everything that some one could need , as a multi role ,and made by metal ,setup for enthusiasts .
I do hate the plastic heads .. ;)

Originally posted by syncmaster
I am not fighting the idea of the ball head , but the very precise ones cost like gold and their weigh is too mats ..
And they do need heavy cameras to operate right , we are working mostly digital , so we need precise & light weigh & affordable solutions , so the Manfrotto 141RC is everything that some one could need , as a multi role ,and made by metal ,setup for enthusiasts .
I do hate the plastic heads .. ;)

141RC is big and heavy too. :) For the sort of cameras most people use here, a 352RC or 308RC head should suffice.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by TME

Urrmmm.....panoramas are possible with flim cameras meh? Must be super "zhun" to get the shots right! I read on the Manfrotto website that some of their tripds have markings for panoramic shots? Anyone use this?

Yes you can. All you need is to scan the pics, then use a panoramic stitching software to do the stitching. Obviously, if you level your camera well, it will stitch better. ;)

Haven't tried those professional panoramic heads, they are too expensive.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

141RC is big and heavy too. :) For the sort of cameras most people use here, a 352RC or 308RC head should suffice.

Regards
CK

I agree ,but there is not any more light weigh head ,when we talk about the metal ones of Manfrotto .. ;)

I agree ,but there is not any more light weigh head ,when we talk about the metal ones of Manfrotto .. ;)

Actually, there are quite a number of Manfrotto heads that are lighter. Of course, the load capacity is lighter too.

Originally posted by Daniel
If you use a ball head, it's almost impossible to pan the camera and ensure that it is always moving along a plane. So you would want to pan the tripod head instead.
ahem .... ballheads like the Acratech and Arca Swiss have the ability to pan horizontally as there is a separately adjustable (and lockable) rotating platform.

Planning to buy a tripod for my s602z ....

Can anyone recommend me one price range around $60 and can stand some wind when i go australia next year

Thanks

Originally posted by Darren
ahem .... ballheads like the Acratech and Arca Swiss have the ability to pan horizontally as there is a separately adjustable (and lockable) rotating platform.

ahem......ahem......they are also very very very expensive! :D

Yes you can. All you need is to scan the pics, then use a panoramic stitching software to do the stitching. Obviously, if you level your camera well, it will stitch better. ;)

Haven't tried those professional panoramic heads, they are too expensive.

Regards
CK

What stitching software would u recommend? I don't do digicams so I have zilch experience with these kinds of software.

Well, you can try PixAround, Panorama Factory (sorry, no URL, have to search), etc.

Regards
CK

Thanks pal!

Originally posted by TME
What stitching software would u recommend? I don't do digicams so I have zilch experience with these kinds of software.
Panorama Factory is great. It's pretty sophisticated yet easy to use, though a little slow at times. Check out http://www.panoramafactory.com/

I guess that the Olympus users is a bit lucky in the panoramas ,as the Camedia master (add on software) it does the job ,with very good results , specially if you have use panorama enabled Smart media cards .

Just for the fan of it i gather many images from the Manfrotto basic tripod and head setup , and with the help of the Photoshop i had join together all the pieces , like head tripod and accessories ,and i did create this image .. ;)

manfrotto.jpg

Just for the fan of it i gather many images from the Manfrotto basic tripod and head setup , and with the help of the Photoshop i had join together all the pieces , like head tripod and accessories ,and i did create this image .. ;)

manfrotto.jpg

Wow! Is that head the 141RC? Strap is optional or comes with the tripod? It looks very smart and pro!

Originally posted by Kit
Yes, that is the 141RC 3 way head. The strap is optional. I've got one for sale if you're interested.

Yikes!! The head looks larger than my 505si!!

Status
Not open for further replies.