What are your opinions on M4/3 for professional assigments

seventy

May 29, 2012
Alright so I have been using a APS-C DSLR with a range of primes for shooting clients' work so far. However with the release of the new OM-D EM-5 from Olympus and a bunch of existing lenses that fit my needs, I was wondering if using a M4/3 camera like this is appropriate...

I mainly shoot fashion/portraits in the studio where it is always the norm for a DSLR to be used. But IQ wise, I am quite confident that with proper use and understanding of the M4/3 camera's limitations, it can get very close to DSLR quality in my shooting environment. The full size image quality and increasingly better sensor performance is rather evident.

Are there any of you using M4/3 for professional work? How does it hold up to clients' expectations?

Why switch if you already have a system? Seems like you just have BBB virus.

Why switch if you already have a system? Seems like you just have BBB virus.

probably BBB virus but MFT system is much more convenient for me with a smaller body and lighter lenses...

I think if you use an OM-D with grip and large flash, most clients won't be able to tell the difference.
As long as results are as good as DSLR. :cool:

the most u better used it as a backup, u wouldn't want someone to talk bad behind yr back singapore is a land of dslr, even the far east Ah lian are using D7000.
in the past mabbe u can said client won't knw but not anymore

I was asked by my cousin to shoot for her ROM (no charge she said casual shoot only). I only have two systems A-Mount and m4/3 I will most likely be using both system that day my m4/3 propbaly for portraits etc and A-Mount for general shoot.

But my main issue is not what type of system to use in such events but more on to learn to shoot events :p

Use both to shoot events and compare shots to learn more