-= What are you listening to now? =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereobox said:
when people mention easy listening/lounge music ... i always think of those 'space-age bachelor pad', 'tiki-bar' music, sergio mendes & brasil '66 etc :bsmilie:

now i guess it means more like down-tempo, chillout music~

haha.
Here. check their site out. THink theres are preview to some of their songs.
http://www.cafedelmarmusic.com/in_cdelm.html

Cheers ;)

Rolando Villazon - tenor...
anybody stays the same league with me? So I don't feel lonely in the midst of this chillin' muzik... :)

daden said:
Rolando Villazon - tenor...
anybody stays the same league with me? So I don't feel lonely in the midst of this chillin' muzik... :)

Andrea Bocelli considered? (sorry if i have spelt his name wrongly...)
I think he should be a Tenor as well...

Little_Fish said:
Andrea Bocelli considered? (sorry if i have spelt his name wrongly...)
I think he should be a Tenor as well...

Yes, Andrea Bocelli is a Tenor. I listens to classical (and by that, I meant purely-classical) on weekdays.

Especially Tu, 'ca nun chiagne and Adeste Fideles from his Viaggio Italiano... Blows everything away.

Slivester & Little Fish... thanks :) Try my Villazon... got powerful voice and a very dramatic rendering of opera pieces... They said he is the New/Next Placido Domingo... just got exclusive contract with Deutsche Grammophon... one of the most exclusive rec.company in classical music... :thumbsup:

Stereobox said:
wow..thx for sharing your 'history' :bsmilie:

yea..the '90s were the time 'alternative' rock bands start to make their way/were pushed into 'mainstream' consciousness.

i was a faithful listener to John Peel's show on the BBC and that's how i got to know of bands like Man...or Astro-man?

College bands like The Blake Babies and No-Wave bands like Sonic Youth played an important role in shaping my 'early' musical leanings.

Hahaha...:bsmilie: Sharing my "history"?! Well I do miss those good old days a whole alot. So much music revolutions back then and I dun see any much happening right in this era, the 21st Century. And I gotta give credits to Sonic Youth on their double release albums, 'Goodbye 20th Century!' which they released it in Y2K. It somehow summarizes literally "everything" towards the end of the 20th century. Do check it out if you're able to get hold of a copy. :)

If I remember correctly, John Peel's show had been terminated for a few years. Correct me if I'm wrong. I could remember what happened to his radio show though John's radio show is superb back in those years, breaking away from the mainstream and promoting underground stuff and new bands new music to a wider audience. For his great contributions, I salute to him. :thumbsup: with a good thumb-up. :D

ricohflex said:
Seagull 205 RF is in good condition. Lens is clean.
Shockingly, when I got it, the RF window and the optical viewfinder was clinically clean....and that is after 30 to 40 years !! :)

I guess reason is when China made the camera, they did not stinge on good materials. So no coating separation, fungus on RF internal prism and viewfinder glass.

Compared to the Japanese RF cameras I bought, most need to get the RF viewfinder cleaned as they get mucky after decades.

This camera can take pictures. Aperture and shutter user controllable.
Shutter speed a bit limited.
I like it especially when China is now experiencing a super boom.
A bit of history.

Oh, and it takes 45mm filters. Which I have. Plus original Shanghai lenscap cover.

Thanks for sharing, ricohflex! :)

No doubts Japanese stuff are good but I guess there are bound to be some flaws here or there. Nothing's perfect in this world. :)

I see you're concerned abt the shutter speed on Seagull 205 RF. In fact with the fastest shutter speed of 1/300sec it's really good enuff for normal day shoot. One good thing abt such RF is that it has the capability to capture pictures in low light condition, using the widest aperture of f/2.8. You can even shoot at slow speed of 1/30sec w/o getting camera shake efx. :)

I went to Ruby Photo once to check if I can get a filter for my Seagull 205 RF and they said no size fits perfectly. I was disappointed upon hearing that. Now you said yours takes 45mm filters?! I'm thrilled. BTW I bought a separate lens cap of 46mm filter size that fits nicely. So I guess I can go back to Ruby Photo to try the filter size again. :)

Back to the music, I'm listening to (and watching on DVD) one of my favourite British bands of all time, JAMES. Just a shame that they don't include my favourite track of theirs, PS, in their track listing for this live show.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
now listening to Hotel Costes and Buddha Bar.. usually go to That CD shop to get the albums..

陳綺貞 - 太多

daden said:
Slivester & Little Fish... thanks :) Try my Villazon... got powerful voice and a very dramatic rendering of opera pieces... They said he is the New/Next Placido Domingo... just got exclusive contract with Deutsche Grammophon... one of the most exclusive rec.company in classical music... :thumbsup:

Yeah! I saw him in this niche records store last month or so, can't really recall, unique and powerful voice. By the way, you are refering to Rolando Villazon right? Hehe. I think the album was Gounod & Massenet Arias, hardly have time to listen to it though. ;)

Its nice to find fellow CSers who appreciate classical music.

Slivester said:
Yeah! I saw him in this niche records store last month or so, can't really recall, unique and powerful voice. By the way, you are refering to Rolando Villazon right? Hehe. I think the album was Gounod & Massenet Arias, hardly have time to listen to it though. ;)

Its nice to find fellow CSers who appreciate classical music.

i'm glad this thread brings together music lovers of all categories, era, language

:)

ledmirage, i like your avatar, and i've seen similar styled ones going on around.

where can i get a customised one for myself? ;p

nuevo cancion-type genre...silvio rodriguez...anyone..and richard marx!!

No one listening to anything tonight? Then i'll start off... listening to Piano Classics: Beethoven. ;)

Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt
When You're Gone - The Cranberries
The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
Black Black Heart - David Usher
My Immortal - Evanesence

Status
Not open for further replies.