Wedding Photographers: Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Would you shoot a gay or lesbian wedding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canturn

Sep 29, 2002
East, SG
www.lyricalmoments.com
Now that same sex weddings are on the rise, just want to hear from the wedding photographers out there. And please, this is NOT a thread for bashing or for people who are homophobic, so don't go OT.

Absolutely, people in love are people in love, and that's what weddings are all about.

why not ? Got excuse to charge higher :cool:

what's the excuse to charge higher, what is the logic?

i would love to shoot same sex weddings, i love weddings cos its the union of 2 people in love, what is the reason to penalise them?

are you collecting poll for your upcoming marriage

i would love to shoot same sex weddings, i love weddings cos its the union of 2 people in love, what is the reason to penalise them?

I'm taking an amoral (amoral is not immoral) viewpoint for this.

Much as we tend to look as it as a job. I think the more interesting question is, would you showcase the pictures to Singaporean clients?

Even more interesting, would it be a good test of how open-minded your clients are?

so far never come across such opportunity. Is it legalise in Singapore?

Its a crime to have same sex marriage in Spore :sweat:

My question is, would you like to be known as someone who have shot a same-sex marriage.

Is that going to make potential clients look at you differently?

but I don't think this will help with your portfolio. Rather shoot a couple who dare to put on their birthday suits on their wedding day.

My question is, would you like to be known as someone who have shot a same-sex marriage.

Is that going to make potential clients look at you differently?

i'm a wedding photographer by profession, will it make me different to shoot only rich ppl and drop those who stay in cheap housing and hold their weddings in less than 5 star hotels?

I showcase weddings to potential couples who have the same ideas/ concepts/ places to hold weddings.

i try to show a typical chinese couple and typical chinese wedding outfit i shoot, same with chruch weddings and i will only show a gay wedding to another gay couple.

if you try to show your Indian wedding to a chinese couple, its very hard to get the deal right cos they may not relate, the most important thing is to relate your couples with the photography you do.

i try to show a typical chinese couple and typical chinese wedding outfit i shoot, same with chruch weddings and i will only show a gay wedding to another gay couple.

if you try to show your Indian wedding to a chinese couple, its very hard to get the deal right cos they may not relate, the most important thing is to relate your couples with the photography you do.

Okay, in other words, you won't put it on your website but you'll show them to selective clients?

Not true that showing and Indian wedding to a chinese couple is going to get the deal right, I find that couples these days look more at how you shoot rather that what you shoot. I've got Chinese couple with traditional chinese customary wedding ceremony/dinner who sealed the deal even before looking at my more chinese series (I tend not to show these first because they're a bit too common, then again...)

Personally, I see myself as a professional hired to document an event, thus the neutral and amoral stand point.

Status
Not open for further replies.