Water Surface Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY1977

Jan 3, 2008
Hi

Is there any simple water proving setup for SLR if I just want to take photo at water surface level (say half of photo under water and the other half surface)? I weas thinking of using Ziploc bag but not sure if this is safe enough. Any sugguestions?

Cheers

bro no zippies man.. i think tupperware safer than that!

anyway if on budget maybe can try those underwater bags for slrs..

Have anyone consider this.....

How will your photo look when shooting through un-clear Ziploc bag or Tupperware...... :sweat:

Have anyone consider this.....

How will your photo look when shooting through un-clear Ziploc bag or Tupperware...... :sweat:

I thinking of trying using plastic fish tank. :)

I thinking of trying using plastic fish tank. :)

Hahaha.... then plastic bag would be easier to carry around. :sweat:

In short.... unless the quality of the photo isn't important at all (which in that case, I would have buy a waterproof PnS camera)..... It would be better to use a REAL U/W casing.... or at least borrow/rent one.....:think:

Incidentally, the fish tank technique is pubished in the August's Practical Photography. :)

The only sure way to get the half in, half out shots is using a housing with a good sized dome port - an 8" is best - and even then they can be hit and miss if there are waves. I wouldn't trust an SLR to a ziploc or anything without a water tight seal

Here's an idea... lets put up our fav Half water / half land shots here and share the learnings... this is of course with the permission of the TS ;)

I use a Underwater Bag housing for snorkeling depth...works great...it has a front port that has polycarbonate front element. PM me if u wanna rent or purchase one.

I use a Underwater Bag housing for snorkeling depth...works great...it has a front port that has polycarbonate front element. PM me if u wanna rent or purchase one.

Hi bro, how much would it costs ? I want it for my next Pulau Aur trip. :D

This might be worth a shot.

http://www.aquapac.net/

455_expanded.jpg

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/erol.html

@ 80 pounds + 5 pounds for worldwide shipping.

Not for diving though, only rated to 5 metres underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.