water in dry box (digi cabi/ everone) - is it normal?

x1511

Dec 1, 2010
Hi All!

My friend passed me a working dry cabinet to use since he was changing one; it's been about 6 months now. Just a few days ago, I realized that there's dampness at the back of the cabinet beside the controls. Is this normal, or is it time to get a new dry cabi..?

I googled "digicabi" and found the below information from (link). I'm just not sure if this is related to my issue.
Super uses "Cold Chip" technology" - A well proven long life, reliable , low consumption technology for medium range of Humidity that does not demand "Super dryness" level used for pharmaceutical, electronics etc environment. It is economical, reliable and workable. The Cold Chip cold a metal surface to cause condensation of air moisture from gaseous state to liquid state. It then drained off the liquid water and render the enclosed environment dry.

If anyone knows better and can provide any advise, it will be very much appreciated, thanks!

tumblr_lwidrnPogs1qb0kouo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
got it, thanks a lot!

read up on the Peltier principle of heat transference and also relationship between temperatures vs RH