wat laptop do u recommand


Status
Not open for further replies.

p4610yz

New Member
Oct 26, 2003
387
0
0
32
Sengkang
#1
Hihi

i m looking for a laptop with a budget of around 2400 like tat
i m looking at dell inspiron 6000 and acer aspire 5500 series...
wat do u all recommand??
wat are the pro n cons of the two brands...

hope to get something which is portable(not huge) mayb a 14 in or small i hope..
i like the looks of a compaq v2000 series...the wide screen is nice...
but heard tat compaq had some problem with OS and software...wat do u all say abt it??

so do help thanz.

wanna get d ibm t43 but nt enough $$$
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
#8
Powerbook~... ( dun own one... but since everyone recomend... ;p )

and

IBM Thinkpad T43p (me using t41... IBM... solid as a rock, good stuff... )
 

#9
RossChang said:
Powerbook~... ( dun own one... but since everyone recomend... ;p )

and

IBM Thinkpad T43p (me using t41... IBM... solid as a rock, good stuff... )
What's the difference between T43 and T43p??

I'd strongly recommend the T43 if you have the cast. Worth every cent of your investment...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

RossChang

New Member
May 2, 2004
1,549
0
0
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
#10
+evenstar said:
What's the difference between T43 and T43p??

I'd strongly recommend the T43 if you have the cast. Worth every cent of your investment...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
kekeke... dun think it's out yet... the the suffix P is the highest end power workstation class...;p ...:thumbsup:
 

itchy

New Member
Aug 19, 2004
396
0
0
Katong
#11
Find friend got lobang from NUS student and ask them for help. Cheap and good. XP Pro some more.
 

Jan 19, 2005
164
0
0
#12
I only recommend Fujitsu ... My fujitsu has never let me down .... quality is No. 1.
 

eric69

New Member
Dec 22, 2003
443
0
0
Global Village
#13
imagine_orange said:
I only recommend Fujitsu ... My fujitsu has never let me down .... quality is No. 1.
I seconded to Fujitsu. My last Fujitsu laptop of 3 years never let me know. I'm using a Fujitsul laptop (1+yrs now) for personal use. My employer "gave" all employees Fujitsu laptops for work. However, I guess one have to pay a premium for these laptops. And it's very important to buy extended warranty becos no matter how "branded" the laptop is reputed to be, there are still some that may break down immaturely.
 

Jan 19, 2005
164
0
0
#14
eric69 said:
I seconded to Fujitsu. My last Fujitsu laptop of 3 years never let me know. I'm using a Fujitsul laptop (1+yrs now) for personal use. My employer "gave" all employees Fujitsu laptops for work. However, I guess one have to pay a premium for these laptops. And it's very important to buy extended warranty becos no matter how "branded" the laptop is reputed to be, there are still some that may break down immaturely.
Highly recommend the Fujitsu S series....
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#15
for notebook, #1 is IBM and #2 is Toshiba. I used to be in the IT leasing business, and these are the only 2 brands that maintain they value best. Please don't get an Acer.

Eventhough nearly all of the world's notebooks, Apple's included, are made by a hand full of Taiwanese manufacturers and they are all good, but the designs and QC requirements are very different from one OEM to another.
 

Sjourn

Senior Member
Aug 9, 2004
967
0
0
Punggol 21
#16
I had this same question last week and got myself a IBM T43 after much good advise from CSers here...here's the thread

also if you look at DBS website they having a good deal with IBM using cashline...

A good notebook will last you a long time, I up till now I got no regrets getting mine.
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#17
eric69 said:
I seconded to Fujitsu. My last Fujitsu laptop of 3 years never let me know. I'm using a Fujitsul laptop (1+yrs now) for personal use. My employer "gave" all employees Fujitsu laptops for work. However, I guess one have to pay a premium for these laptops. And it's very important to buy extended warranty becos no matter how "branded" the laptop is reputed to be, there are still some that may break down immaturely.
I third fujitsu.

4 yr old laptop abused until CMI, summore short circuited it, still working fine. Only 1 component blown coz I connect the wrong direction.
 

#18
Deadpoet said:
for notebook, #1 is IBM and #2 is Toshiba. I used to be in the IT leasing business, and these are the only 2 brands that maintain they value best. Please don't get an Acer.

Eventhough nearly all of the world's notebooks, Apple's included, are made by a hand full of Taiwanese manufacturers and they are all good, but the designs and QC requirements are very different from one OEM to another.
1 2nd this...
IBM and Toshiba are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
IBM is good for its hardware and after-sales servier, Toshiba is good for its hardware..
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#20
espn said:
My friend selling her Fujitsu lifebook.. if interested.. PM me :)
Sorry for OT, ESPN need your help at Nikon side.:sweat: :sweat:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom