wat laptop do u recommand

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4610yz

Oct 26, 2003
Sengkang
Hihi

i m looking for a laptop with a budget of around 2400 like tat
i m looking at dell inspiron 6000 and acer aspire 5500 series...
wat do u all recommand??
wat are the pro n cons of the two brands...

hope to get something which is portable(not huge) mayb a 14 in or small i hope..
i like the looks of a compaq v2000 series...the wide screen is nice...
but heard tat compaq had some problem with OS and software...wat do u all say abt it??

so do help thanz.

wanna get d ibm t43 but nt enough $$$

Powerbook~... ( dun own one... but since everyone recomend... ;p )

and

IBM Thinkpad T43p (me using t41... IBM... solid as a rock, good stuff... )

RossChang said:
Powerbook~... ( dun own one... but since everyone recomend... ;p )

and

IBM Thinkpad T43p (me using t41... IBM... solid as a rock, good stuff... )
What's the difference between T43 and T43p??

I'd strongly recommend the T43 if you have the cast. Worth every cent of your investment...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

+evenstar said:
What's the difference between T43 and T43p??

I'd strongly recommend the T43 if you have the cast. Worth every cent of your investment...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
kekeke... dun think it's out yet... the the suffix P is the highest end power workstation class...;p ...:thumbsup:

Find friend got lobang from NUS student and ask them for help. Cheap and good. XP Pro some more.

I only recommend Fujitsu ... My fujitsu has never let me down .... quality is No. 1.

imagine_orange said:
I only recommend Fujitsu ... My fujitsu has never let me down .... quality is No. 1.
I seconded to Fujitsu. My last Fujitsu laptop of 3 years never let me know. I'm using a Fujitsul laptop (1+yrs now) for personal use. My employer "gave" all employees Fujitsu laptops for work. However, I guess one have to pay a premium for these laptops. And it's very important to buy extended warranty becos no matter how "branded" the laptop is reputed to be, there are still some that may break down immaturely.

eric69 said:
I seconded to Fujitsu. My last Fujitsu laptop of 3 years never let me know. I'm using a Fujitsul laptop (1+yrs now) for personal use. My employer "gave" all employees Fujitsu laptops for work. However, I guess one have to pay a premium for these laptops. And it's very important to buy extended warranty becos no matter how "branded" the laptop is reputed to be, there are still some that may break down immaturely.

Highly recommend the Fujitsu S series....

for notebook, #1 is IBM and #2 is Toshiba. I used to be in the IT leasing business, and these are the only 2 brands that maintain they value best. Please don't get an Acer.

Eventhough nearly all of the world's notebooks, Apple's included, are made by a hand full of Taiwanese manufacturers and they are all good, but the designs and QC requirements are very different from one OEM to another.

I had this same question last week and got myself a IBM T43 after much good advise from CSers here...here's the thread

also if you look at DBS website they having a good deal with IBM using cashline...

A good notebook will last you a long time, I up till now I got no regrets getting mine.

eric69 said:
I third fujitsu.

4 yr old laptop abused until CMI, summore short circuited it, still working fine. Only 1 component blown coz I connect the wrong direction.

Deadpoet said:
for notebook, #1 is IBM and #2 is Toshiba. I used to be in the IT leasing business, and these are the only 2 brands that maintain they value best. Please don't get an Acer.

Eventhough nearly all of the world's notebooks, Apple's included, are made by a hand full of Taiwanese manufacturers and they are all good, but the designs and QC requirements are very different from one OEM to another.
1 2nd this...
IBM and Toshiba are :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
IBM is good for its hardware and after-sales servier, Toshiba is good for its hardware..

My friend selling her Fujitsu lifebook.. if interested.. PM me :)

espn said:
My friend selling her Fujitsu lifebook.. if interested.. PM me :)

Sorry for OT, ESPN need your help at Nikon side.:sweat: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.