Was I scammed? Is this tripod model even for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parisilk is not an unknown shop. Maybe it is to you, but that doesn't mean you can write it off. They actually do give very good deals on the whole. I did visit them while doing my price checking for a camera.

The real moral of the story is to do your price research before committing to a purchase, any purchase.

Hmm.... I've been to inquire and bought things from Parisilk before. Can't say I've visited the one at Bedok cos I know a couple of the folks at Holland V..... but it's not unknown. I think they're really big (At least the HV joint) with the expat community.

I'd agree with caleb that one's gotta know the market before jumping in to a deal..... need to do some homework and research.

Eric is right.... this is just a small sum of money and could have been worse. Take it as a lesson. Little harm done. Better now on a simple tripod than later on something costing more $$$$ ! But don't let this dampen ur urge to shoot photos aye ?! ;)

Oh, ok... ha.... didn't read this one..... so I wasn't turning nuts.... I was wondering about ND filters being used for protection.....

;p

Sorry about that, I got us all mixed up :)

Now, if there was an "ND0", then that could be used for lens protection, right ? ;)

In any case, you did come up with a noteworthy suggestion ... I happen to have a Cokin system myself, with some Tianya filters thrown into the mix (an ND4 and ND8, I think).

Now, if there was an "ND0", then that could be used for lens protection, right ? ;)

In any case, you did come up with a noteworthy suggestion ... I happen to have a Cokin system myself, with some Tianya filters thrown into the mix (an ND4 and ND8, I think).

Whahaha..... ND0 ! Yeah, that would be a protection alright......

Hey Eric, just a side track question..... If I added an ND2 and an ND4 together, do I get an ND8 equivalent ? Was just fiddling around with multiple sets and am wondering if there's a conversion rate or something..... heee...... or what if I added an ND8 grad with an ND4, what do I get apart from being confused.... ?

Whahaha..... ND0 ! Yeah, that would be a protection alright......

Hey Eric, just a side track question..... If I added an ND2 and an ND4 together, do I get an ND8 equivalent ? Was just fiddling around with multiple sets and am wondering if there's a conversion rate or something..... heee...... or what if I added an ND8 grad with an ND4, what do I get apart from being confused.... ?
just multiply the numbers... 2x4=8, 8x4=32...

That would be an ND1. Nikon's is called NC and Hoya calls it MC Protector.

wow great discussion..

btw is 20 bucks for UV filter fair enuff?
bought at Bally Photo Funan.

Bought ND4 Hoya at John 3:16 but i tried using and its still too bright for sunrise :(

wow great discussion..

Bought ND4 Hoya at John 3:16 but i tried using and its still too bright for sunrise :(

$20 for a UV filter sounds good.... inexpensive, but not sure which brand u referring too... not all UV are made equal though..... but for protection of your lens, what the heck.

ND4 ? Hmmmm, if you are taking right into the sun, specifically your sunrise thingee, perhaps an ND8 graduated would work better. This will leave details of the land in and shade out the sky.... not sure what effect overall tho.....

Hope this helps !

wow great discussion..

Depends on what filter thread size. Personally I've never trusted Bally Photo after one bad run in with them. That's all it takes, really.

wow great discussion..

It may be a great discussion, but apparently you failed to heed the #1 advice given in the thread : do your research first before buying.

Take a look at this search result:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...Mm&ac=&fi=all&pn=1&ci=0&cmpsrch=&cltp=&clsgr=

(if link fails, go to B&H and search for 58mm UV filter).

US$11.25 to almost US$100.

So, did you get a fair price? :dunno:

You know, a 58mm Hoya UV-guard from John 3:16 only costs $15. Take it as another $5 lesson for you to learn.

Perhaps you will keep accumulating these lessons until you discover the art of price research; let's hope you learn soon. ;)

You know, a 58mm Hoya UV-guard from John 3:16 only costs $15. Take it as another $5 lesson for you to learn.

Perhaps you will keep accumulating these lessons until you discover the art of price research; let's hope you learn soon. ;)

the shops will hope he never learns. hoho

The UV filter I bought at Bally's like dont have brand haha It only states PL(assuming thats the brand) ...UV Filter ...Made in Japan.

yup. I also lost 3 bucks for my 3rd party adapter, so thats 8 bucks + the $30+ for the el cheapo tripod amounting to 38 bucks lost. that amount might increase in 2 or 3 days time once i hastily buy a CPL . Nd4 filter at john3:16 for 20 bucks reasonable right?

hahaha. i need to hire a financial planner already. :/

the shops will hope he never learns. hoho

hahaha i know!im too stupid, erms i mean nice , can't blame me.

Last edited:
The UV filter I bought at Bally's like dont have brand haha It only states PL(assuming thats the brand) ...UV Filter ...Made in Japan.

yup. I also lost 3 bucks for my 3rd party adapter, so thats 8 bucks + the $30+ for the el cheapo tripod amounting to 38 bucks lost. that amount might increase in 2 or 3 days time once i hastily buy a CPL . Nd4 filter at john3:16 for 20 bucks reasonable right?

i'm sorry, but what you're doing isn't being nice, its just stupid. No offense intended. Just do basic price research before you head out to buy, and you'll save yourself alot of money in the long run

Of course, if you want i can sell you my D80 at $3.2k. Be nice and buy it :)

P.S. i like your pictures.

Last edited:
i'm sorry, but what you're doing isn't being nice, its just stupid. No offense intended. Just do basic price research before you head out to buy, and you'll save yourself alot of money in the long run

Of course, if you want i can sell you my D80 at $3.2k. Be nice and buy it :)

P.S. i like your pictures.

haha vonvon. i know. but maybe we upgrade my stupidity to generousity, how bout that? :p

and sure, when can i send over my cheque for your D80?ehehe

oh muchos gracias!

haha vonvon. i know. but maybe we upgrade my stupidity to generousity, how bout that? :p

and sure, when can i send over my cheque for your D80?ehehe

oh muchos gracias!

heh heh we can upgrade it if i set up a camera shop and you patronise it. :bsmilie:

you can send the check anytime haha

bitte, mein herr!

P.S. you're not at all like some CSers who'll burst out into indignant and "righteous" anger when people are honest with you. :thumbsup:

heh heh we can upgrade it if i set up a camera shop and you patronise it.

you can send the check anytime haha

bitte, mein herr!

P.S. you're not at all like some CSers who'll burst out into indignant and "righteous" anger when people are honest with you. :thumbsup:

lol sure -:bsmilie:

btw i just realized that you are a post addict, that much posts in just over a month. :sweat:

i know...you must have been spamming people with your lure and camera shop promotion asking them to patronize it, right? :bsmilie:

PS: Trust me, if I am pretty sure my stupidity is at fault, I'll be clever enuff to not make myself look dumber. Nyeh. so merci!

lol this is shifting into the Kopitiamish tides. To keep on track, hmm...yesh guys my researching process is on the way.

eew actually my whole stupidity issue is what the whole topic is all about. :sweatsm:

lol sure -:bsmilie:

btw i just realized that you are a post addict, that much posts in just over a month. :sweat:

i know...you must have been spamming people with your lure and camera shop promotion asking them to patronize it, right? :bsmilie:

PS: Trust me, if I am pretty sure my stupidity is at fault, I'll be clever enuff to not make myself look dumber. Nyeh. so merci!

lol this is shifting into the Kopitiamish tides. To keep on track, hmm...yesh guys my researching process is on the way.

eew actually my whole stupidity issue is what the whole topic is all about. :sweatsm:

haha well the rule of thumb is if you don't know the average price, don't buy it. go home, come onto CS and look look see see.

p.s. my post count is mostly from the expose yourself thread in Kopitiam.

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but the PL brand...it's really um..bad. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.