Warranty claims for faulty Kingston SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi to all,

My 1 year old Kingston SD card has just become corrupted; I bought it from Active Foto and still has the receipt.

Should I bring it Active Foto or Convergent Systems to claim warranty (if any) ... or should I just forget it?

TIA! ;)

Warranty by Convergent. Just bring it to !9th Floor, Albert Complex, after they verify the card to be genuine, they will change for you. Reciept is not even nescessary.

On another note, Kingston SD card really lousy. I have a normal speed 1 GB card that freqently shows "CHR" on my D50. Last Sunday, bought a 512MB Elite Pro SD, KNN tooks less than 50 shots, now cannot read on my camera and both my card readers! My 2 other cards, a Lexar and a Toshiba both behave very well without problem.

I think no more Kingston :nono: for me.

convergent is 11th floor. ya the OG building.

i was there running an errand for my shop to send in a mobo for repair. 4 users in front of me. all had flash memory card errors.

i will stick to lexar and sandisk for now.

Update: I bought the Kingston SD Card from Best Bargain in SLS last Sunday. Just called them, asked whether can do exchange with them (their reciept says 7 day 1-1 exchange) since Convergent not opened today and not covenient for me to go down on weekdays. They turned me down, saying it's better to go to Convergent direct.

:thumbsd: Zero rated after sales service. I find this shop only interested in selling to you, after that bochap.

No more Best Bargain or Kingston for me.

I'm using Transcend 2GB 150x. No problem.

Memory World is the distributor - they have great service and support. Look for Valerie at sls.

Status
Not open for further replies.