war of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
war of the world looks not bad, but anyone noes the storylines, cos if interesting will go see

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
If I recall correctly, the War of the Worlds story by HG Wells is about aliens attacking Earth, and nothing that the humans can do in the face of their superior technology, but at the very last moment, the aliens are affected by the germs of the common cold and they all perish. Something like that.

lovells19

Oct 31, 2003
Deep Deep in the sea
www.flickr.com
Darren said:
If I recall correctly, the War of the Worlds story by HG Wells is about aliens attacking Earth, and nothing that the humans can do in the face of their superior technology, but at the very last moment, the aliens are affected by the germs of the common cold and they all perish. Something like that.
boring...

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
lovells19 said:
boring...
have u actually read to book to say its boring? for a book written in 1898, HG Wells was way ahead of his time. things like tank warfare, aerial bombardment, and germ warfare (in War of the Worlds) were all 'predicted' by him. btw, HG Wells also popularised the idea of a Time Machine (in his book The Time Machine, 1895) - at least 20-30yrs b4 Einstein came up with his theory of relatively which suggested the possibility of time travel.

btw, the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds (1938) by Orson Welles (no relation to HG Wells) caused a nationwide panic.

boring? hardly.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
anyone saw "the making" on channel 5 on Sunday or Monday night? they showed clips of the first War of The Worlds, very corny! :bsmilie:

lovells19

Oct 31, 2003
Deep Deep in the sea
www.flickr.com
nightwolf75 said:
have u actually read to book to say its boring? for a book written in 1898, HG Wells was way ahead of his time. things like tank warfare, aerial bombardment, and germ warfare (in War of the Worlds) were all 'predicted' by him. btw, HG Wells also popularised the idea of a Time Machine (in his book The Time Machine, 1895) - at least 20-30yrs b4 Einstein came up with his theory of relatively which suggested the possibility of time travel.

btw, the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds (1938) by Orson Welles (no relation to HG Wells) caused a nationwide panic.

boring? hardly.
ops sorry my fault. i mean the movie is boring.. :D

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
Drudkh said:
anyone saw "the making" on channel 5 on Sunday or Monday night? they showed clips of the first War of The Worlds, very corny! :bsmilie:
considering dat the 1st movie was made in the 30s sans special effects.... :bsmilie:

i'm not too keen to watch this movie since it really departs from the original storyline... dat, and it features tom cruise...

ST_sg

Mar 23, 2004
sunnytang.zenfolio.com
Darren said:
hmm... reminds me the movie "Independence Day" :think:

The Oracle

Jun 23, 2005
East Coast
It think it will be interesting as it will have great action and special effects. I am into special effects! Cheers!

singscott

Aug 25, 2004
www.whltelightphotographer.com
H.G Wells not only write war of the worlds about aliens and technology. But also to warn people one species or race can not have superior control of other. As it was the time of British imperialism and British Empire. :)

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
ST_sg said:
hmm... reminds me the movie "Independence Day" :think:
Its probably highly likely that "Independence Day" was inspired by the book.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
i will go see, i think is a must foe me cos of the effects.

sam_always

Apr 10, 2004
Singapore
hey, watched the War of the world last night.... The CG effect is solid. But i dont understand the story le, can someone tell me? why the alien sprey humans blood? what for? why suddenly the alien's shield gone? strange?

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
sam_always said:
hey, watched the War of the world last night.... The CG effect is solid. But i dont understand the story le, can someone tell me? why the alien sprey humans blood? what for? why suddenly the alien's shield gone? strange?
You didn't catch the last narration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom