war of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
war of the world looks not bad, but anyone noes the storylines, cos if interesting will go see

there is many versions of that... din read the HG wells version.. but there is 1 very old movie based on it... a tv series... games... etc...

If I recall correctly, the War of the Worlds story by HG Wells is about aliens attacking Earth, and nothing that the humans can do in the face of their superior technology, but at the very last moment, the aliens are affected by the germs of the common cold and they all perish. Something like that.

Darren said:
If I recall correctly, the War of the Worlds story by HG Wells is about aliens attacking Earth, and nothing that the humans can do in the face of their superior technology, but at the very last moment, the aliens are affected by the germs of the common cold and they all perish. Something like that.

boring...

lovells19 said:
boring...

have u actually read to book to say its boring? for a book written in 1898, HG Wells was way ahead of his time. things like tank warfare, aerial bombardment, and germ warfare (in War of the Worlds) were all 'predicted' by him. btw, HG Wells also popularised the idea of a Time Machine (in his book The Time Machine, 1895) - at least 20-30yrs b4 Einstein came up with his theory of relatively which suggested the possibility of time travel.

btw, the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds (1938) by Orson Welles (no relation to HG Wells) caused a nationwide panic.

boring? hardly.

anyone saw "the making" on channel 5 on Sunday or Monday night? they showed clips of the first War of The Worlds, very corny! :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
have u actually read to book to say its boring? for a book written in 1898, HG Wells was way ahead of his time. things like tank warfare, aerial bombardment, and germ warfare (in War of the Worlds) were all 'predicted' by him. btw, HG Wells also popularised the idea of a Time Machine (in his book The Time Machine, 1895) - at least 20-30yrs b4 Einstein came up with his theory of relatively which suggested the possibility of time travel.

btw, the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds (1938) by Orson Welles (no relation to HG Wells) caused a nationwide panic.

boring? hardly.

ops sorry my fault. i mean the movie is boring.. :D

Drudkh said:
anyone saw "the making" on channel 5 on Sunday or Monday night? they showed clips of the first War of The Worlds, very corny! :bsmilie:

considering dat the 1st movie was made in the 30s sans special effects.... :bsmilie:

i'm not too keen to watch this movie since it really departs from the original storyline... dat, and it features tom cruise...

Darren said:
hmm... reminds me the movie "Independence Day" :think:

It think it will be interesting as it will have great action and special effects. I am into special effects! Cheers!

H.G Wells not only write war of the worlds about aliens and technology. But also to warn people one species or race can not have superior control of other. As it was the time of British imperialism and British Empire. :)

ST_sg said:
hmm... reminds me the movie "Independence Day" :think:
Its probably highly likely that "Independence Day" was inspired by the book.

i will go see, i think is a must foe me cos of the effects.

hey, watched the War of the world last night.... The CG effect is solid. But i dont understand the story le, can someone tell me? why the alien sprey humans blood? what for? why suddenly the alien's shield gone? strange?

sam_always said:
hey, watched the War of the world last night.... The CG effect is solid. But i dont understand the story le, can someone tell me? why the alien sprey humans blood? what for? why suddenly the alien's shield gone? strange?

You didn't catch the last narration?

Status
Not open for further replies.