Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 macro

You bought the lens from Jordan? You bought it from WuffRuff?

I just got the same lens. Mine directly imported from Jordan :bsmilie:
I could only test the lens indoors, too scared to use a $2k lens

Wow, nice acuqisiton! Fatigue Bro, post some pics and posion us if you hav the time :lovegrin:

Read many good reviews on this piece of glass.

Curious, but could someone who has this lens comment on how it compares to the Nikkor 200mm or the Canon 180mm.

I realise not many ppl would have owned multiple macro glass in their lifetime (especially the most expensive ones in the respective brand), but if anyone has, this would really be a great insight.

Curious, but could someone who has this lens comment on how it compares to the Nikkor 200mm or the Canon 180mm.

I realise not many ppl would have owned multiple macro glass in their lifetime (especially the most expensive ones in the respective brand), but if anyone has, this would really be a great insight.

The focal length is different. I have the Voigt for a while. It is almost a perfect piece of lens. There is no colour fringing, CA and colour is very nicely saturated. It also goes up to 1:1. I realised that the photos when imported into LR2 or PS4 and use auto toning, exposure...nothing changes. I guess this says a lot. It is the only lens that I have owned that does this so is quite amazing to me. The reasons why I sold my copy is I hardly shoot macro, my copy is so mint that I can't bear to bring it outdoor and of course it is fetching a good price. Go to the beginning of this thread to see the copy that I have.

But sorry, I can't do any comparison with the macro lens you mentioned and can only provide a lope-sided opinion of the Voigt.

Personally , i loved to see how it fare up with the Nikon Micro 200 F4 as well

Personally , i loved to see how it fare up with the Nikon Micro 200 F4 as well

Totally different range.

Comparable lense would be the Leica Macro Elmarit(?) 100mm 2.8. The Voight is said to be in that class of performance.

I own few of the macro lens including this Voigtlander 125mm, it's similar quality to Leica 100mm F2.8 macro quality, very slight different in colour ( manual WB at same K) both are lower contrast than other macro lens but more natural tone, Leica have slight better detail in shadow area or on black object ( not much different, maybe 5~10%).
Both of this Voigtlander and Leica 100mm are the best in my collection.

I own few of the macro lens including this Voigtlander 125mm, it's similar quality to Leica 100mm F2.8 macro quality, very slight different in colour ( manual WB at same K) both are lower contrast than other macro lens but more natural tone, Leica have slight better detail in shadow area or on black object ( not much different, maybe 5~10%).
Both of this Voigtlander and Leica 100mm are the best in my collection.

Sounds similar to what others who have used the Leica said.

It's a pity the Cosina CZ has so much CA. I wonder how the Contax CZ 100mm macros fare? Not many people have that lens.

Sounds similar to what others who have used the Leica said.

It's a pity the Cosina CZ has so much CA. I wonder how the Contax CZ 100mm macros fare? Not many people have that lens.
How about Carl zeiss ZF 100/2 makro planar?

New design compared to contax cz 100.

If you pop over to FM, the ZE 100 MP also have the same CA problem. Our american friend in CS, Adamwilde has just gotten a copy and is testing it rigorously.

I say wait for the Voigt 125 SLII, if macro is your tea, which at the current rate may be due next year (pure speculation) :)

Last edited:
I seriously doubt if Carl Zeiss will allow Cosina to release a new (or re-release the old) macro in that range that could embarass the current Cosina Carl Zeiss 100mm f/2. No offense to Cosina CZ 100 macro owners.

Think about it for a moment - would Cosina risk what appears to be a lucrative manufacturing / licensing agreement to stop producing SL lenses while handling the CZ line? IIRC, that was the agreement, which resulted in the very sudden 'death' of the SL line.

Re-release of Voight 125s rumors have been circulating for quite awhile now...started in overseas forums IIRC.

Needless to say, this is also pure speculation.

I just checked. Rumors about the 125 SLII have been around since 2008.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt if Carl Zeiss will allow Cosina to release a new (or re-release the old) macro in that range that could embarass the current Cosina Carl Zeiss 100mm f/2. No offense to Cosina CZ 100 macro owners.

Think about it for a moment - would Cosina risk what appears to be a lucrative manufacturing / licensing agreement to stop producing SL lenses while handling the CZ line? IIRC, that was the agreement, which resulted in the very sudden 'death' of the SL line.

Re-release of Voight 125s rumors have been circulating for quite awhile now...started in overseas forums IIRC.

Needless to say, this is also pure speculation.

I just checked. Rumors about the 125 SLII have been around since 2008.

We shall see....there is already SLII in 20/3.5, 40/2. 90/3.5 has been announced. I heard 58/1.4 somewhere. So only the 2 APO lenses are remaining from the SL version. Maybe another year of rumour. Too much of the same rumour might make it real.

It would be a good day for many when the 125 is re-released, or an improvement is released. :)

Hopefully a V2 would be better, but it's really difficult to improve on something so close to nirvana, and I hope they don't introduce other problems in trying to outdo themselves.

This lens rocks in terms of sharpness wide open and color rendition and its built simply screams quality~!! :)