viewing digital photos from CD on TV


Status
Not open for further replies.

gtan

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
812
0
16
#1
i am rather new to digital photography . pardon my ignorance but can someone tell me how i can view my photos which are now on CDs as a slide show on my ordinary [ not flat screen] TV? my TV set is not HD so is there any way i can improve image quality? eg any software or other gadget? many thanks
 

n0d3

New Member
Feb 3, 2003
1,511
0
0
#3
Unless your VCD/DVD/whatever player allows you to show slideshows straight from the CD, theres no other way unless you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV/S-Video out. Not sure if there are standalone gadgets for this kinda thing.
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
#4
TV is an output device.

You need a input device to read your CD and then output to TV. e.g.
- DVD player ( support JPG display )
- Laptop/Notebook/PC to TV
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#5
Use Pro Show Gold and create a slideshow in VCD or DVD format.
 

gtan

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
812
0
16
#6
nemesis32 said:
I think you must at least have a vcd/dvd player that can play the jpg files...
i have a DVD/VCD player that does not seem to work. do i need a special DVd player?
 

gtan

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
812
0
16
#7
n0d3 said:
Unless your VCD/DVD/whatever player allows you to show slideshows straight from the CD, theres no other way unless you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV/S-Video out. Not sure if there are standalone gadgets for this kinda thing.
i have a vcd/dvd player that does not seem to work. do i need a special player?
 

gtan

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
812
0
16
#9
megaweb said:
TV is an output device.

You need a input device to read your CD and then output to TV. e.g.
- DVD player ( support JPG display )
- Laptop/Notebook/PC to TV
i think my dvd player does not support jpg display. do i need a new player or can i modify my existing set. many thanks
 

n0d3

New Member
Feb 3, 2003
1,511
0
0
#10
Please read what megaweb has suggested, you can either get a new DVD player that supports jpg display or you can create a slideshow CD thats readable by your existing player by using software, eg. Pro Show.
 

#11
New DVD players which plays nearly anything you throw at it are now quite cheap ($100+ or some even < $100), any modifications (if possible at all) are not worth it. There are several devices out there that can also do this, including some of the portable storage devices used to offload your storage cards.

If you take the DVD player route, note that it'll take a long long time for it to render images > 1-2 megapixels. So you might want to resize them and burn them to another CD for this.

Regards
CK
 

megaweb

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
8,541
3
38
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
#12
gtan said:
i think my dvd player does not support jpg display. do i need a new player or can i modify my existing set. many thanks
Not sure can modify the exisiting set and also dunno how much it costs to modify.


Nowsaday many cheapo DVD players (Shinco) cost < $100 can play JPG photos liao. Do you think it is worth to modify ?
 

Caussway

New Member
Dec 8, 2003
997
0
0
47
Malaysia
Visit site
#13
Get Ulead PictureShow, you can create photo album on VCD , DVD or SVCD formats with music and menus. Very easy to use. Better way to organize and present your pictures rather than simply copying jpegs.

I mostly use SVCD format mostly. Can get near DVD quality

www.ulead.com
 

gtan

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
812
0
16
#14
Caussway said:
Get Ulead PictureShow, you can create photo album on VCD , DVD or SVCD formats with music and menus. Very easy to use. Better way to organize and present your pictures rather than simply copying jpegs.

I mostly use SVCD format mostly. Can get near DVD quality

www.ulead.com
thanks means i have to reburn all my CDs using this software and then play this new CDs on my ol fashioned DVD player?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom