vietnam through my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 is a good capture, especially the body language of the girl hiding behind, zooming in would be great.

My fave would be #8, but there seems to be quite a bit of pixelation?

hmmm, might be due to high iso and pushing too much on the exposure in pp.
nice to have your comments, i personally like your cambodia photos alot..:)

theres a bruce lee everywhere..even in sapa..

3187205515_67be1eb994_o.jpg

heres another portrait of female bruce

3247198463_0393127158_o.jpg

endless rice terraces view from above.
a pity we wasnt there at the right season.

3182036955_28e9a4f240_o.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure which hill tribes this old lady belong to, but she certainly caught my attention when walking down the streets in Bac Ha market.
but i feel i didnt do a good job in capturing her wrinkled face.

3205195007_359198356f_o.jpg

Thanks for sharing yr nice fotos. Btw how do u go to sapa ? What is the most convenient transport to take ? Does one need to trekk a lot n is it tiring? Sorry to ask these questions but after seeing yr fotos, i'm thinking of making a trip there.:)

Thanks for sharing yr nice fotos. Btw how do u go to sapa ? What is the most convenient transport to take ? Does one need to trekk a lot n is it tiring? Sorry to ask these questions but after seeing yr fotos, i'm thinking of making a trip there.:)

Hi Rollsch
I actually fly to hanoi via vietnam air, then took a night train to this town call lao cai.
from there the guesthouse that i have booked will pick me up, and will be another 2 hours to sapa.
i think if you dont want to take train, you can go by buses, but train will be the most convenient transport to take, you can just take the soft sleeper and sleep your way there.

theres quite a number of treks you can take most of them are not very diffcult treks unless you are going to mount fansipan summit trek which require more days. i go for the 2day 1 night village stay.

i am so happy that my photos can inspired you to make a trip there. oh, and lastly, i think it will be a better time to go during the harvesting period.

Hi Paapoopa,
Thanks for yr info. May i know when is the harvesting time ?

Hi Paapoopa,
Thanks for yr info. May i know when is the harvesting time ?

hmmm, that i am not too sure, might need to find out.
i think they only harvest like once a year if i am not wrong

wandering around sapa town after dinner, it was just another foggy night with just a few people in the town, might be due to the cold weather.

3231845148_d8b295572f_o.jpg

its always a delightful moment to be welcome by a view like this when you wake up in the morning.

3273650141_edf63494b6_o.jpg

Nice work! Can share your itinerary? I plan to go this May

Nice work! Can share your itinerary? I plan to go this May

it was total a 10day trip, visiting hanoi , sapa and halong.
spending most of my time in sapa, plan your trip in a way that you can be at sapa on one sun, so you can visit bac ha sunday market.
i would advise at least a 4 day in sapa, so you can spend one day in bac ha market, one day walk ard sapa and visit cat cat village and sin chai village, then the other 2 day to do a village stay.

I never know it is really this crowded in Bac ha sunday market

3179467911_e8a84f5ca1_o.jpg

came across this shy little girl standing outside the village school looking at other children playing,

3182057815_1415581736_o.jpg

Lots of deep thought, good photo. :thumbsup:

hi paapoopa,
nice pix from ur trip remind me about my studenthood...i used to backpack to sapa and rent out motorbikes with a guide there, many places for snapping ...it has changed a lot since i were there.
btw, do u hav any pix for the waterfall there?:thumbsup:

it was total a 10day trip, visiting hanoi , sapa and halong.
spending most of my time in sapa, plan your trip in a way that you can be at sapa on one sun, so you can visit bac ha sunday market.
i would advise at least a 4 day in sapa, so you can spend one day in bac ha market, one day walk ard sapa and visit cat cat village and sin chai village, then the other 2 day to do a village stay.

Thanks for the tips. Thanks for adding me to your flickr contacts too! :)

hi paapoopa,
nice pix from ur trip remind me about my studenthood...i used to backpack to sapa and rent out motorbikes with a guide there, many places for snapping ...it has changed a lot since i were there.
btw, do u hav any pix for the waterfall there?:thumbsup:

wow, thats a nice student job, renting bikes in sapa. i wish i can do that when i was schooling. I do have pix of the waterfall, but it was badly taken so i didnt post it.

Thanks for the tips. Thanks for adding me to your flickr contacts too! :)

no problem, glad i can help

Lots of deep thought, good photo. :thumbsup:

thankss i am going to post another pix of this little gal.

i certainly forgot how many shots of her that i have taken.
she certainly doesnt looks sad anymore in this photo after getting lots of candies.
she is my favourite girl in sapa.

3252481037_907bbfd908_o.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful + naturally shy... excellent shot :thumbsup:, even if there was a bit of blackmail;)

sin chai village.
looking at the village kids, we couldnt bear but to offer them our potato chips and candies
3173181279_ec43950af1_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So kind of you... I can't bear to see kids suffering from hunger.. :bheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.