Videographer wanted - Friday 29 June 2012

ferdeline

Jun 26, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Hello

I'm in desperate need of a videographer this Friday, 29 June 2012. (Unfortunately, this date is not flexible.) I’ll be in Singapore this week for three days, and I'd like to work with a creative cinematographer who can run with minimal direction. I apologise for the short notice.

I'm in the process of launching a web-original travel show that follows me around the world as I offer ideas, tips, and strategies on the art of traveling. The key to each episode is making sure the viewer can easily replicate each experience. This show isn’t about long trips to obscure destinations because those outings aren’t realistic for most travelers. This show is about helping people figure out where they want to go, and what they can do, in each city.

So I'm looking for a filmmaker in Singapore who can take a story from concept to completion - producing, directing, and shooting. (Editing is not required, but feel free to quote me for this service separately.) Owning your own equipment is an advantage (but I'm happy to hire whatever you may need), but, most importantly, I'm looking for someone with strong journalistic instincts, a photographic eye and the discipline to tell stories well on film.

I’m looking for someone who can also arrange their own boom operator/camera assistant. This project will be shot documentary-style and will be an indie production; however, we have a generous budget and I do expect the footage to have a certain polish to it.

Can you please email me: Ayden@ferdeline.com confirming your availability to shoot this Friday, 29 June 2012 (we would be meeting at 7:00am – I imagine we’ll need 10-12 hours together), that you have equipment available or know where to hire equipment from, and confirming your rates. Please also include a link to a show reel or some videos you’ve shot. I’ll get back to you by 5:00pm today to let you know if we’ll be working together. I can pay a deposit via PayPal if you like.

Again, I apologise for the last-minute nature of this posting – I only booked my flights to Singapore last night – and I’m not as organized as I usually am when I produce these webisodes. I’ll be in transit tomorrow and not reachable, so I’d like to commission someone today please -- I stress that this project will be challenging and you will be expected to film with very little direction from me. Unfortunately, the Producer who usually accompanies me on these videos has fallen ill, and she will not be coming to Singapore tomorrow. I’ll be on my own.

If this sounds like a project you'd like to be a part of (and I hope that's the case!), please let me know and I'll send you through some more details on what I’m after, and then we can make sure we’re both on the same page.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Many thanks,
Ayden