Val and Rach ++

Status
Not open for further replies.

chew

Dec 13, 2003
Within the Lens
Visit site
Hi guys,
thanks for the advice during the 15-Jan seed gathering.
So here some posting to fill yr appetities from CS newbie.

Val
f9f2fd25.jpg

Rachelle
f9f2fd2b.jpg

Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hi chew, thx for sharing ur pics!

exposure wise, both val pics appears to be underexposed, while the 1st rach pic appears to be overexposed. composition wise, suggest getting your models val n rach to smile at you more often! may also want to try shooting with larger aperture in some shots for that blurry background look.

good effort :thumbsup:

zaren said:
hi chew, thx for sharing ur pics!

exposure wise, both val pics appears to be underexposed, while the 1st rach pic appears to be overexposed. composition wise, suggest getting your models val n rach to smile at you more often! may also want to try shooting with larger aperture in some shots for that blurry background look.

good effort :thumbsup:

Thanks zaren.
Yup, agreed with the exposure ... need more "practising".
Was too busy trying out with this new camera, forgot to ask them to smile more ... will remind myself next time ... :)
Tried to get the larger aperture. My cam apeture range from F2.8 to F8.0.
what would you suggest ?

Can count me in if this two ladies happens to be the models? Thanks in advance.

Val : The Look
f9f2e2c7.jpg

Val : Happy Look
f9f2e2bf.jpg

P/S : Anyone knows how to made the Teeth White ? Using PS, not Colgate Whitening ... ;)

chew said:
P/S : Anyone knows how to made the Teeth White ? Using PS, not Colgate Whitening ... ;)

hi Chew,

Suggest using the lasso tool in PS to select the teeth area (zoom to 800% for accuracy), set feather to 3, adjust saturation -50, brightness +50, contrast +20. Feel free to experiment with other settings also.

f9f2bee0.jpg

Hi chew,

First of all, let me say that it is a good effort from you. Out of the 6 pictures, I like the last one most. Hope you won't mind if I knit pick: :)

chew said:
For this shot, the background is good, the composition is good, and the model's pose is not bad. The exposure seems a little under though, and the color and contrast are a little plain. I would prefer the model to look down rather then up, but that is just my personal preference.

chew said:
The pose for this shot is good, the exposure a tad over on her arms but just right on her face, which is alright and bringing a more classy look to the model. I do not like the green leaves on top, and would prefer the brick wall to go all the way to the top.

chew said:
The exposure seems a little under for this shot. Try to spot meter on the model's face. Again I do not like the leaves at the left, and would prefer the brick wall to go all the way to the left.

chew said:
Rachelle +
f9f2f0a0.jpg
Nice exposure on this one, and I like her pose. The sun light from the top casted a nice glow on her hair and shoulders, and helped bringing attention to the model. Using a small reflector or white board to add some catch light to her eyes would be great. Background is ok but plain: would prefer to either have a more simple one, or one that is more interesting that won't overshadow the model, like the red wall below.

chew said:
Val : The Look
f9f2e2c7.jpg

Val : Happy Look
f9f2e2bf.jpg
1st one: Nice and simple background, and the textures on the wall is great. However, the model was placed at a column that blended in with the background, making the model looks "cut off". I would prefer a column that is casting shadow on the wall or just a plain wall. The exposure is a little under, and I believe she could benefit from additional frontal light from a reflector to "flatten" the features on her face.
2nd one: Not exactly a flattering shot, as the shortcomings on her face was exposed (pimples and teeth). Comparing to her other shots, her face looks more flashy in this shot too. This pose would probably work better on Rachelle.

chew said:
Rach - Dreamly Look
f9f2d8f9.jpg
This shot would be best if not for the black lamp post at the center. The background was excellent, the light on her face was just right, there was catch light in her eyes, and the exposure right on. With the lamp post at the center, it is dividing the picture into 2 parts, seperating her from the otherwise nice background. Do a more frontal pose on her alone with the background away from the post would be good.

chew said:
Rach - Wandering
f9f2da32.jpg
I like this one best as she looks very natural and relax in this shot. Exposure is great, and she looks beautiful with a "Monalisa smile". The knit picking part about this shot are the green leaves at the top right corner which I find distracting. A little catch light in her eyes would help too.

Again, I think it is a good effort, and you are fortunate to have 2 great looking and photogenic models. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing, and hope to see more pictures from you. ;)

Spectrum said:
Can count me in if this two ladies happens to be the models? Thanks in advance.

Spectrum, I am the organizer for this photo shoot event. If you want to join future events, pm me your contacts/etc.

zaren said:
hi Chew,

Suggest using the lasso tool in PS to select the teeth area (zoom to 800% for accuracy), set feather to 3, adjust saturation -50, brightness +50, contrast +20. Feel free to experiment with other settings also.
QUOTE]

Thanks Zaren, I will definitely try it out.
Now I can have white teeth too .... :bsmilie:

Hi ziploc,

Thanks for spending the effort and time for your comments.
Now I can work towards more better shots.

zaren said:
hi Chew,

whoa! power sia. have to go and read my PS manual lah. :thumbsup: wish it works for my teeth :rolleyes:

hwchoy said:
whoa! power sia. have to go and read my PS manual lah. :thumbsup: wish it works for my teeth :rolleyes:

thanks.

Now, after feedback and advice....
The NEW Look is here (white teeth polishing and facial treatment virtually) ....

f9f0d645.jpg

Hi Ziploc,
Here's a little effort to correct the picture. You are right that more exposure will be better. Only can blur the green at best. Cann't Extend the Wall yet.... need more construction yet .... anyone wanna try ? :)
Thanks again

f9f0cd17.jpg

Hi Ziploc

I must say that your critiques are very good, detailed, right to the point and constructive. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FM

Astin said:
Spectrum, I am the organizer for this photo shoot event. If you want to join future events, pm me your contacts/etc.

Kudos Astin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.