Uwcs Shootout .... III !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya ... if national day doesnt seem so good, then we take normal weekend lo. then i can go national stadium and take photos of fireworks, hiak hiak!!!!

full moon is not good for diving is it? actually i dived on full moon a few times and seemed ok to me... i have plans for third week of july for my colleague's owd and aowd, which is a half moon. what moon is better? moonless leh?

http://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/index.php

Good site to check out moon phases. Seems like nat'l day weekend is a last quarter
see this site for explanation on the various moon phases - http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/moon_phases.html

and did some very very brief reading, seems like new and full moon USUALLY strongest currents cuz the tides variation is the highest so 1st and last quarters might be the opposite thus possibly indicating not so strong current?

FYI only. refrained from starting new thread cuz dunno what moderators think. these sites good for archiving for future use?? good to know your tides thus your dive periods thus.. good photos ensured? long shot perhaps so dare not start new thread.

hmmm.. ok la, as long as this topic is not discussed excessively on this thread, no problem. anyway it is useful in our selecting of dates for uwcs shootout iii.

but i dont have time to read now ;p

if quarter moon and full moon not suitable, then it is half moon and moonless ok la?

hmm... 13-15th aug? that should be moonless.

DTan said:
KTHAN = :devil:
but a very nice one indeed. 2 to 1 i also want. unless u can make the price 2 for 1.. heehee... oohhh noughtee noughtee request..

I ALSO WANT TO GO LEMBEH.....

ok, just for u, 2 for the price of 1. u pay, i no need to pay....

Waisj, kng and DTan, if u want more people, can get Keong, Geoff and SP. They can only weekends i guess. and they can pretty much take care of themselves. Joyce prob prefers to dive "better" places but u can try. Her sis dives too, other than that friend of hers. :bsmilie:

Beivied : opoortunity comes must grab with both hands, else fly away liao. u see DTan. Immediately joined us for Shootout II the moment she realised that I wouldn't be diving in the next 1.5 years. now she may even go Lembeh with us :sweatsm: . how about you? wanna try diving outside West Malaysia? Ask Lovelll and he will prob tell u save $$ from diving West M'sia and go Indonesia instead.

kthan said:
Ask Lovelll and he will prob tell u save $$ from diving West M'sia and go Indonesia instead.

Frankly, i couldn't agree more with Eric. Imagine - 2 tioman/7 skies trips (total 12 dives) = ONE MANADO trip (also about 12 dives)... and you'll see at least TEN times more stuff at manado. OR alternatively, you can also do Bali for the same price and see the molas... :devil:

The only advantage of tioman etc is that no need to take leave, whereas you need to take a few days off for other overseas destinations.

yep, dive West Malaysia for the company, elsewhere for the real diving. service is so much better too

OK then we have seen what the collective wants... so we will really need to sit down and discuss about it. We will have a small discussion this coming saturday amongst the 3/4 of us, and will check with the collective later and discuss further.

I no leave no money, what to do ... if you guys only wanna go good places, then i wont have chance to dive with you guys for a very very long time to come.. hai. see how la. i am a less than 100 dive person, i am contented to stick to diving in w malaysia for the time being until my pocket feels heavier. :)

beivied said:
I no leave no money, what to do ... if you guys only wanna go good places, then i wont have chance to dive with you guys for a very very long time to come.. hai. see how la. i am a less than 100 dive person, i am contented to stick to diving in w malaysia for the time being until my pocket feels heavier. :)

According to Kthan's theory, your pocket will never be heavy enough if you keep diving W. Malaysia.... :D

MUST GO MANADO!

actually i would really give up 3 trips in malaysia to go manado... seriously! its is SO SO SO SO worth it.. you might want to bring a x-drive.. i shot like 5gb of photos lor :p

ok la... see overall response not too good... maybe we call it off ?... and so many of you back or already going to manado liao ... see how in future then :)

response not good meh? got 3 pages worth of replies in a day already u know?! i think that's commendable!

DTan said:
response not good meh? got 3 pages worth of replies in a day already u know?! i think that's commendable!
haha... cos the desire for manado seems quite strong...

ok la, we will still check on the price of the msian boat and available dates, and see who are interested to come. :)

beivied said:
haha... cos the desire for manado seems quite strong...

ok la, we will still check on the price of the msian boat and available dates, and see who are interested to come. :)

Manado will be a Really good place to hold one..

but will be abit harder cos most ppl won't be able to go lor.. like me..
this year cannot liao.. i got another 3 paying trips coming up..

reserving next year lembeh straits..

Status
Not open for further replies.