uv sticker or 52 mm filter better for LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought sim lim price quite ex...

i was thinking of such adaptor and filter, but the price is too high. if this is the case, i could buy another DSLr, or buy a very good len for my olympus DSLR.

Hi there, I am also looking for a len protector. Not sure if you have bought the hoya purple CPL len protector? How did the picture goes? from your URL, it seems that it has polarize effect which makes the color richer.

By the way, you got it from the website or you go to Sim Lim Square to buy it? Which shop if its SLS that you bought it from.

Thanks

now using hmc hoya filter, bought it at city hall there i think enough for LX3, 1 of my friend bring me to there, i saw sim lim sell fake b+w and hoya filter be4 made in china but everything exactly as authentic almost the same price with authentic also must beware

i never see alot diff from pic quality, i think most important thing of picture quality is ur setting and skill.. ofcause don buy a too cheap plastic front of your leica lens like other pros told me :)

Last edited:
now using hmc hoya filter, bought it at city hall there i think enough for LX3, 1 of my friend bring me to there, i saw sim lim sell fake b+w and hoya filter be4 made in china but everything exactly as authentic almost the same price with authentic also must beware

i never see alot diff from pic quality, i think most important thing of picture quality is ur setting and skill.. ofcause don buy a too cheap plastic front of your leica lens like other pros told me :)

hihi

where in city hall did you buy it and at how much? need 52mm adaptor tube? thanks!

actually i bought a 46mm adapter and 46mm hoya hmc filter, tats a original LX3 adapter, beccause the 3rd party 52mm adapter i think not tat nice,(3rd party adapter can get in sim lim) original adapter same material with your LX3 body
the 52mm filter i bought at vivocity he refund to me VERY NICE PERSON!
:)

I've got the original 46mm adapter and B+W filter. It is indeed bulky...

Dun mind me asking, is there any way to attach a lens cover over the filter itself?? The original lens cover definately cannot fit.

ProtonXPR, do u use your filter & adapter often?? How do you protect the filter?

Dun mind me asking, is there any way to attach a lens cover over the filter itself?? The original lens cover definately cannot fit.

ProtonXPR, do u use your filter & adapter often?? How do you protect the filter?
ah..i dont use the filter/adaptor often that was why i sold it.. couldnt get the whole thing to fit into my camera case so decided to go without :eek:

but that means i have to use my camera more carefully

Yea... The lens is so exposed so that's the reason I got the filter+adapter... if the filter is dirty I clean... if it gets scratched, just change another filter... lol

ermm??:what: you mean you are using the 46mm adapter and filter but without lens cap ? i don really get wat you mean, i do using my filter with a 46 mm lens cap.

ermm??:what: you mean you are using the 46mm adapter and filter but without lens cap ? i don really get wat you mean, i do using my filter with a 46 mm lens cap.

Yup that's what I'm using. You managed to get a lens cap for your 46mm filter?:dunno: What brand of filter you using?:dunno:

My setup is with the Lumix 46mm adapter and a b+w 46mm filter. The filter is exposed but the leica lens is protected by the filter.

Yup that's what I'm using. You managed to get a lens cap for your 46mm filter?:dunno: What brand of filter you using?:dunno:

My setup is with the Lumix 46mm adapter and a b+w 46mm filter. The filter is exposed but the leica lens is protected by the filter.

im using a 46 MM lens cap since the 1st day i bought my adapter and filter, the lens cap is very cheap, u can get easily in sim lim square,i got mine 5 dollars i think:)..

which 52mm or 46mm adapter better for lx3?

Most ppl have chosen 52mm over the 46mm as 52mm size filter or any other equivalent accessories are more available in the market than the 46mm. If you are planning to get original add-ons such as the wide angle conversion len, then 46mm adapter will suit you...

Most ppl have chosen 52mm over the 46mm as 52mm size filter or any other equivalent accessories are more available in the market than the 46mm. If you are planning to get original add-ons such as the wide angle conversion len, then 46mm adapter will suit you...

Do you mean that original only come with 46mm adaptor?
At the moment, I am not planning to get wide angle conversion len; just want to get circular polarize filter 1st.

What is the price different between original adaptor and other brand adaptor?

Basically,the whole set of original add-ons are all in 46mm size which includes conversion len, UV filter, ND filter etc...

I do not know the price of original adapter but for 3rd party ones, can range from less than $10 to probably $20...

im using a 46 MM lens cap since the 1st day i bought my adapter and filter, the lens cap is very cheap, u can get easily in sim lim square,i got mine 5 dollars i think:)..

Hi,

Is it other brand of cap that you've purchased? ;)

Ohya, do you keep the adaptor attach always? What bag/pouch are you using? Im looking high & low for a nice pouch to keep my camera with adaptor on.

Thanks~

Last edited:
Hi,

Is it other brand of cap that you've purchased? ;)

Ohya, do you keep the adaptor attach always? What bag/pouch are you using? Im looking high & low for a nice pouch to keep my camera with adaptor on.

Thanks~

You can take a look at this cover that can allow you to leave the adapter on.
http://www.lx3-photography.com/2009/04/lx3-adapter-case.html
You can either get it from eBay or gowatchsite.com
http://gowatchsite.com/lang_eng/index.php?o=item&act=show

Anyway i am looking for a tube adapter and ND filter for my LX3.
Can recommend me the size and brand that is good.
I am thinking of getting the 52mm adapter as most third party accessories are in this size, just worried about these 3rd party accessories quality. anyone care to advise as well as recommend based on your past experience.

Dont mind wat quality u are looking in term of the adapter? :sweat:

Dont mind wat quality u are looking in term of the adapter? :sweat:

I am referring to quality of the filters in my previous message.
i do not want these filters to affect the image quality.
So any good brands of filters i should look at?

The adapter tube should not be much of a different across different brands, except for its sizes right? (correct me if i am wrong on this)

I am referring to quality of the filters in my previous message.
i do not want these filters to affect the image quality.
So any good brands of filters i should look at?

The adapter tube should not be much of a different across different brands, except for its sizes right? (correct me if i am wrong on this)

Adaptor is just a piece of metal to screw on the LX3. Color and finish to match the LX3 may be important but most should be ok.
Original panny adaptor tube was quoted $45-60, third party 46-52mm adaptor about $35-40. Filters - usu normal hoya multicoated about $16-18. 52mm filters easiest to get (and cheaper too)
I leave the hood and filter on all the time to protect the lens. Just buy a third party 52mm lens cap with string and you'll be all set.

Cooties....

Status
Not open for further replies.