Using AF-ON with remote cable

vaxvms

Dec 21, 2005
BEHIND YOU!!!!!!
Do a search here seem not no topics on AF-ON , mean nobody using this way to focus?:think:

Imagine I have switched to using the AF-ON method to auto focus (mean half-press shutter will not focus)

I do not have remote cable yet but curious to find out the following situation --

Lets say I am setting up to BRACKET 5 shots (maybe for an HDR or something). I frame up my shot, press and release the AF-ON button to get focus -- (I would have already set my camera to CL so I only have to press the remote one time -- at least I think it works that way ) and my camera then fires off the 5 bracketed shots

My question is -- after the first shot of the series -- will I then lose auto focus -- in other words -- will AF-ON then turn off and the balance of 4 shots then be out of focus -- or will focus HOLD for all 5 shots in the series ?

Last edited:
the AF should be remain where it was for the first shot...

the AF should be remain where it was for the first shot...

So seem like BRACKET 5 shots need to release remote shutter 5x

if you want to shoot a couple of frames of the same subject, it is advisable to switch to manual focus.

no lah...doing some testing since i on chicken pox and staying at home idling :bsmilie:
using AF-ON button to focus seem not easy...maybe need to get out of comfort zone