using 50mm 1.8 or larger aperture

i have already used Canon speedlite...

the problem is only a very small area is in focus.

eg 2. i take snap on my pen. the point that i manual focus on(exmaple the cap), will be sharp, but further abit, like connection between cap and pen body will start to be blurred..

even if i increase my shutter speed to 1/200, f1.8 iso 100, it is still the same
T_T

try f2, if not f2.8 will give u a deeper dop

Well.. This feels like another jane kok/john kok issue... But genuine this time.. Well ts, if u want f1.8 yet more stuff in focus, try a lens below 20mm. If u can find one ;)

by the way,

i have tested a few.

i found that 50mm f1.8 lens when shooting at f1.8, image quality consistently not good..

even that i am using tripod, i am still able to see a little bit of "blur" on image.

f2.0 or 1 stop ahead will give a lot better image.

by the way,

i have tested a few.

i found that 50mm f1.8 lens when shooting at f1.8, image quality consistently not good..

even that i am using tripod, i am still able to see a little bit of "blur" on image.

most lens have the sweet spot at two stops stop down from wide open, you need to pay a lot of money to get a pro lens which is design to be very sharp at wide open.

by the way,

i have tested a few.

i believe you mean it's "soft". that's quite normal for lenses wide open. at 1 stop smaller aperture, of course the image will be sharper.

but TS, this isn't related to your "shooting wide open why is it blur" question right? your previous question was on DoF. is this a new one? please don't confuse others.

How far is your subject? If it is within 2 meter & shooting at f1.8, the DOF is very thin, probably 10cm or less. You may want to check out it here:

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

i believe you mean it's "soft". that's quite normal for lenses wide open. at 1 stop smaller aperture, of course the image will be sharper.

but TS, this isn't related to your "shooting wide open why is it blur" question right? your previous question was on DoF. is this a new one? please don't confuse others.

i think it is my language problem..
lol

Maybe the user assume that image blur is due to hand shake , hence he/she increase the "shuttle" speed. ( forgetting about DOV)

Maybe the user assume that image blur is due to hand shake , hence he/she increase the "shuttle" speed. ( forgetting about DOV)

You mean SHUTTER (not shuttle) speed and DOF (not DOV). Get the terms right.

The "shuttle" speed is pretty fast, just ask NASA!