[ Users ] The official Olympus EP5 user thread.

btw does anyone know where gt sell neoprene pouch and screen protector for this cam?Pouch to hold cam wif 14-140mm lens.

thanx

there's a pen suit case thrown in, that's not good enough?

Where to buy EP5, oly site says out of stock!
To buy with kit lens or just buy body... hmmm?

Where to buy EP5, oly site says out of stock!
To buy with kit lens or just buy body... hmmm?

You should check with the usual stores. Buying with kit and selling the kit lens (which is a good prime that can fetch decent amount ard 550 or more?) would bring you quite close to the price of body but you get the VF4 almost free which should cost >300.

Piggy back an black aki asahi skin from friend, love it. Doesn't add much to the looks, but the texture feels great!

And they are nice enough to give a training pc, which I don't really need, so pinky anyone? PM me, fast fingers only :)

there's a pen suit case thrown in, that's not good enough?

unfortunately the case cant fit 14-140mm...
thats why i finding a soft puch instead..

Yes it does heat up a bit
normal I guess
my e-pl5 does not

And they are nice enough to give a training pc, which I don't really need, so pinky anyone? PM me, fast fingers only :)

I wonder if a nice dye job would do it! ;)

Can the EP5 take a pic in the midst of shooting a video? The Sony RX100 can do that and it's a useful function.

Can the EP5 take a pic in the midst of shooting a video? The Sony RX100 can do that and it's a useful function.

The olys can do that but it will stop the video. On the other hand panasonic can take a still without interrupting the video. It can be useful.

The olys can do that but it will stop the video. On the other hand panasonic can take a still without interrupting the video. It can be useful.

It's a pity, because the ability to take pics while videoing is very useful when shooting events and on trips. How about the recent Fujis? Can they do it?

Most Sony compact have this function

Really like the 2x2 dial control, easily one of the better m43 cameras I've used!

The 17/1.8 certainly ain't complete without the good ol' VF-1! :)

9203282981_f7e2ba7280_c.jpg

Anyone knows hw much is the Barton Strap in this pic??

Going to place an order for the e-p5 soon..Looking to get some accessories..

You can find more about Barton straps in this clubsnap reviewhttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/reviews/1211042-barton-1972-leather-straps-user-review.html

And where to buy info as well

some great pictures of your pens on here. Does anyone have examples of their pen with an extra flash unit they intend to use with it. Would like to see scale and looks.

Guys I need your help. For the life of me I cant get wifi to work. I set the camera to use private connection. I set playback so I get the QR code. on my iphone I scan the qr code and it says it installs it and takes me back to the main menu. When I select remote control it says the function is only available in Private Connection mode. When I try to import photos it says there are no photos even though my camera shows photos on it. Any help would be appreciated

Guys I need your help. For the life of me I cant get wifi to work. I set the camera to use private connection. I set playback so I get the QR code. on my iphone I scan the qr code and it says it installs it and takes me back to the main menu. When I select remote control it says the function is only available in Private Connection mode. When I try to import photos it says there are no photos even though my camera shows photos on it. Any help would be appreciated

Does the iphone show that it has been connected to the camera already? If yes, try selecting photo on the camera (have the tick mark) and click the "share" icon on the camera's LCD. Then hit import photo.

I have to admit that I also find great difficulty connecting the camera with Apple products. I have no issues with the Android app.

Does the iphone show that it has been connected to the camera already? If yes, try selecting photo on the camera (have the tick mark) and click the "share" icon on the camera's LCD. Then hit import photo.

I have to admit that I also find great difficulty connecting the camera with Apple products. I have no issues with the Android app.

I had some progress last night by disconnting from my home wifi. this seemed to allow the phone to connect to the camera. This seems like a real problem area that olympus should get on top of.

Just got my E-P5 yesterday. Got a Gariz half-case to go along with it.

Anyone has a spare black Aki Asahi skin to let go? ;p

Just got my E-P5 yesterday. Got a Gariz half-case to go along with it.

Anyone has a spare black Aki Asahi skin to let go? ;p

I still have the pink one if u prefer hehe. Pm me if u need.