Urgently Need Help/Opinion

twin123

Feb 1, 2010
Hi Guys,i have some issue here.
I dropped my 550D(under warrany) last week from a height of normal study table to the floor of my room..Luckily,i have the lens filter which protected the Sigma 24-70 heavy glasses.
Ok, wth the lens BUt now i realised tht my camera focusing is not sharp at all.Full zoom and it looks really terrible.Tried comparing wth a fren who owns a 500D,same settings and at full zoom,mine looks blurish.It doesnt happen that way before.Is there anythg wrong somewhere.Sorry me a newbie.
Is there anyone out there who can advice me what to do OR any of you ever experienced the same issue?
PLs advice.
Thanks in advance

I dropped my 550D(under warrany) last week from a height of normal study table to the floor of my room..Luckily,i have the lens filter which protected the Sigma 24-70 heavy glasses.
Ok, wth the lens BUt now i realised tht my camera focusing is not sharp at all.Full zoom and it looks really terrible.Tried comparing wth a fren who owns a 500D,same settings and at full zoom,mine looks blurish.It doesnt happen that way before.Is there anythg wrong somewhere.Sorry me a newbie.
Is there anyone out there who can advice me what to do OR any of you ever experienced the same issue?
PLs advice.
Thanks in advance

I never heard or experience problems with body or oem lenses from Canon in that case

I think biggest chance, the problems is in your sigma lens

PLs advice.
Thanks in advance

did you try your lens with your friend's camera body? or did you use same settings (focal length, aperture, ISO, etc) for different camera sets?

hi bro,i tried wth ALL others lenses tht i have and the result is the same.i even let my friend tried my sigma and tamron lens but still my IQ is not sharp.That led me to believe tht somethg is wrong wth my camera.

I presumed that you have also tried Canon original lenses on your EOS 550D. If the result is the same, then there could be something wrong with your camera after the fall.

Since your camera is still under warranty, why not pay a visit to the service centre to diagnose the problem if there is any?

yea dat is what im gonna do.putting up my problem here just to see if anyone do have the same issue.oh ya..i tried on my canon lens too n still d same.:(

Whether or not the camera is under warranty isn't relevant. If a drop caused the damage then that's not covered by the warranty.

To get to the root of the problem you need to provide more details. For example, if the image is sharp in the viewfinder but not in the image, or if both are out of focus. If the same results are achievable regardless of whether AF or MF is used, or if only AF is used.

If you're fairly new to everything, then send it in for servicing.

yea dat is what im gonna do.putting up my problem here just to see if anyone do have the same issue.oh ya..i tried on my canon lens too n still d same.:(

I see. Time to go to the service centre.

PLs advice.
Thanks in advance

go to CSC at harbourfront, say dunnoe why camera seems to have back focus issue.
ask them take a look. say ur fren say look like back focus issue.

that all.

2 cents :)

go to CSC at harbourfront, say dunnoe why camera seems to have back focus issue.

that all.

:thumbsup:

that all.

Oh its called "Back focus" eh?
Ok thanks bro,i will go there tmrw and update the outcome here agn.
Sian ah image not sharp..:(

Oh its called "Back focus" eh?
Ok thanks bro,i will go there tmrw and update the outcome here agn.
Sian ah image not sharp..:(

Either back of front focus issue.
csc u must be alittle agressive sometimes, but talk nicly and just insist that you have warrenty left cheers :)

Bro,tks for this useful info..at least i and the other newbies learn somethg new.But the fact that this problem really bothers me alot especially after trying out 3 OEM lenses and 3 Canon lenses.Once agn,thanks in advance for this useful info u shared.
Rgds

you can simply tell them that your camera has focusing issue. if no obvious bruises from the fall, you can get away with it easily...

waste no time, just go to Canon Service center, your camera won't able to self heal.

very importantly, don't lie,
the technicians are not 3 years kids, have seen cameras in all sorts of condition before.

they are there to help Canon users, if try to be funny, people can simply just go by the book.

waste no time, just go to Canon Service center, your camera won't able to self heal.

very importantly, don't lie,
the technicians are not 3 years kids, have seen cameras in all sorts of condition before.

they are there to help Canon users, if try to be funny, people can simply just go by the book.

agree... what's the point lying to cover one's fault? Obviously your camera has gone faulty after you drop it.

it will be darn embarassing when the CSC technician points his finger at you, telling you that you'd dropped your EOS body and he has all the facts to prove that. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Seems like sensor is shifted
My 'other' body has this problem before, and the technician straightly asks did the camera drop inside the bag or not since no bruises :p

Hi all,so far the intention to lie abt the drop is not at all an issue haha i just want the camera to perform as it suppose to.i need to know in advance what kinda fault as i was told by StrifeYun (back or front focus) and sensor issue by dilem..its a sore to see such image on a good cam.yeah i blame it on my own careless ness.:)
rgds

here is the sample image taken.

Bro,tks for this useful info..at least i and the other newbies learn somethg new.But the fact that this problem really bothers me alot especially after trying out 3 OEM lenses and 3 Canon lenses.Once agn,thanks in advance for this useful info u shared.
Rgds

Hi,

since you have tested it with 6 other lenses, chances that the focal plane for the sensor has shifted.
FYI, there is a marking on top of the camera to show where is the focal plane, but i guess people like us would not have the proper tools to verify the sensor plane vs this marking.

cheers,