Uprising of free labour. Time to step UP against it!

Uprising of people shooting for free. Do you think its spoiling the industry ?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
actually 3 things
3. stop the rumour that CS is the place for getting free/cheap photogs

How do we do that?
I thought ckuang has organised a meeting in the past? Need another one man. Public education could be the key.

Yeah i know, its not the rice bowl for guys here. But nobody complains about earning too much $$ right? I mean come on lar....

2100 said:
I thought ckuang has organised a meeting in the past? Need another one man. Public education could be the key.

Yeah i know, its not the rice bowl for guys here. But nobody complains about earning too much $$ right? I mean come on lar....
meeting? what meeting? must be before my time :embrass:

it is not my rice bowl and i only question the ppl posting here to exploit cheap/free photogs
but we will need the voice of mor ethan one person to get this to work

we need to educate the cheap/free pghotographers that there are better alternatives

any suggestions?

ortega said:
it is not my rice bowl and i only question the ppl posting here to exploit cheap/free photogs?
Ok, maybe i put it in another way.
I know of some videographers doing weddings and events, pretty serious and not-cheap equipment too like 1K video tripods, Sony 2100, 150, Canon XM2, Sennheiser shotgun mics costing more than our regular top-end flash. They work as producers, in advertising field, creative field for their main income. But I have never found anybody going below $700 for just regular edited footage for nowadays. Maybe 1-2 years ago when the market was worse then it was cheaper.

Why is it that photography get affected? Food for tot eh... :think:

believe me that there are ppl doing video for a lot less tha $700
but there are also a lot less ppl doing video

everyone seems to be a photographer nowadays
but a dslr and you become a photographer
just like designers, buy a computer and you become a designer

somehow we need to educate the cheap/free photogs here that their time is worth a lot more
and less work with more pay is better than more work with less pay

LPPL you know

the money is the same just the amount of work changes

jOhO said:
wah lau.. stress... dun like dat leh.

i never say ALL cheap photographers are lousy.. ehheh.. aiyoh.. wait i kena whack man..

on the topic of internship and taking in young photographers... this is my brief view:

i definitely am not worried of someone learning too much from me and "stealing my business" next time.

i am, however, VERY worried about the lack of commitment and trustworthiness of many of such "aspriring" photographers nowadays. turn up late, flirt with the girls, day dreaming etc etc.. it's very disheartening when i see someone with potential "fail" becos of poor attitudes. i'm not saying all lar, but i do "judge" newcomers' attitudes with my own when i was a newbie, and many fall short. ATTITUDE, not quality of work. but anyway this is a different topic.

thanx for your "idol" status.. but hor.. paiseh lehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :embrass:

LoLx. serious! so can i do intership with you! :D

I have all of the problems before! Coming late only becuase the shoot was too damm far and the route is unfammilar so prediction of the time take was wrong and i was late. And due to finacial constrants i cannot take cab or have personal transport. Dazing happens when the inter determins that he has currently nothing else to shoot and decides to take a break. i had that phase. but now i realise there is always something to shoot! the more the merrier! :D Flirting with girls? SERIOUS?i never did talk to anyone execpt to the employer LoLx. or were they socializing so they can take more photos of them. ;)

catchlights said:
Interesting,

what if one day you walk into office, your boss tell you this:
You don't have come in office tomorrow, I have this young man, can work better and harder than you, and the best part is, he is willing to work for free!!

Hehhee... the worker will then say,
"Ok boss, you hire the newbie for free.... I resign and clear my leave. If you want me back after he messes up, my salary will be double.";p

Always have an ace up your back. :)

ortega said:
believe me that there are ppl doing video for a lot less tha $700
Sorry to sidetrack... Any decent ones? Pls PM me, need it for contacts.
Not those take already, throw back footage in DVD - just cut here and there stuff means "edited" leh. haha! :bsmilie:

2100 said:
Sorry to sidetrack... Any decent ones? Pls PM me, need it for contacts.
Not those take already, throw back footage in DVD - just cut here and there stuff means "edited" leh. haha! :bsmilie:
not anyone i dare to recommend hee hee :bsmilie:

the type that drinks your beer while he is trying to shoot the video
excuse is so that the viking ship effect will be smoother :)

ortega said:
the type that drinks your beer while he is trying to shoot the video
excuse is so that the viking ship effect will be smoother :)
I see, if I watch this type of video, only needs 3mins, I can show him what I ate this morning. :ipuke:

A Salutation and hello to Catchlights and all the Wedding Pros ...

*Off-topic*

Anyone know about this incident ? ... :think:
This is a Classic example of the Wedding Photogs Part-timers or the Freelancers Photographers giving a bad name to the wedding Industry :angry: ... Link >> http://www.dwedding.com/node/189

Any lights on those guys ?

Enchanted said:

*Off-topic*

This is a Classic example of the Wedding Photogs Part-timers or the Freelancers Photographers giving a bad name to the wedding Industry :angry: ... Link >> http://www.dwedding.com/node/189

Hmmm...What can I say. Good to have forums to highlight these black sheeps from the real PROs. :thumbsup:

Enchanted said:

*Off-topic*

This really :nono: spoil all photographers' image!

:bigeyes: even splash out his full name & full-time job company name.
But do you think it is right or ethical for the photography company to do such things? Add oil to flames & reveal such details.

gryphon said:
This really :nono: spoil all photographers' image!

:bigeyes: even splash out his full name & full-time job company name.
But do you think it is right or ethical for the photography company to do such things? Add oil to flames & reveal such details.
For one.. they can learn to type in paragraphs and use the line breaks :confused:

_espn_ said:
For one.. they can learn to type in paragraphs and use the line breaks :confused:

read between the lines, read between the lines, something is inside.

thou he is tell you more about the photographers, but he didn't know that he is telling you about he himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.