Uplifting feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

two200

Nov 19, 2004
Eunos
galleria2200.blogspot.com
This is my first attempt at critique corner.

Subject matter:
portray happy occasion - nice bright colour and "uplifting" atmosphere

Critique needed: composition

This photo taken with rule-of-third in mind. However, the hotair basket was rather empty. Would it be a better composition if there is a figure in the basket?

Is the eye directed to the colourful balloon by the basket?

Personally, I think the composition is well balanced but would probably be better if there is a figure in the basket. A person in the basket would probably anchor the photo

PC186662.jpg

hi there.
IMHO, all the strings and lines made the whole picture messy.
my eye was directed to all those strings and lines...
like what you've said, a subject in the balloon would have impacted the shot more.

just curious, what's your intended message behind this shot?

hi there.
IMHO, all the strings and lines made the whole picture messy.
my eye was directed to all those strings and lines...
like what you've said, a subject in the balloon would have impacted the shot more.

just curious, what's your intended message behind this shot?

Thx for the comments, point taken
I was hoping to portray a happy occasion with the bright colours of the balloon and the basket going up (uplifting) but the timing was such that the guy in the basket moved away at the last minute:dunno::bsmilie:

I feel the shot is too tight, and the compo, with all the cables, is very messy.

I feel the shot is too tight, and the compo, with all the cables, is very messy.

Sorry, but what is meant by too tight? Does it mean the subject took up too much of the frame?

If I removed the extraneous cables, think it would be better? I uploaded a PP with the cable removed.

How's this
PC186662_pp.jpg

Thx for the comments, point taken
I was hoping to portray a happy occasion with the bright colours of the balloon and the basket going up (uplifting) but the timing was such that the guy in the basket moved away at the last minute:dunno::bsmilie:

try pp to bring out the colors more?

Sorry, but what is meant by too tight? Does it mean the subject took up too much of the frame?

If I removed the extraneous cables, think it would be better? I uploaded a PP with the cable removed.

How's this
PC186662_pp.jpg

too tight? yes, i supposed calebk was trying to say that the subject took up too much space, thus resulting an 'unbalance' feel. if you have zoomed out, it'll be different.

and removing the extra cables did help to a certain extend, but not large. the problem still lies with the cables on the balloon. i know it is not something you can control, so it's ok. maybe try shooting from other angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.