Upgrading to FF: 5D or 5D Mk II?

5D or 5D MK II?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaa at first when came out the BBB virus was very strong.. but now a few weeks passed, it feels like its no problem waiting another few months to get it maybe $500 cheaper? =D

hahaa at first when came out the BBB virus was very strong.. but now a few weeks passed, it feels like its no problem waiting another few months to get it maybe $500 cheaper? =D

Yeah able to withstand the BBB virus liao lol... Think the black dots helped :D

Yup, totally agree on both the above.
Passing of time n black dot issue definitely makes my wait a little more bearable. But that said, hope that Canon are able to solve this black issue ASAP.
On the other hand , every time I see fantastic high ISO pic taken with 5D MKII posted by fellow Csers,it's acts like poison. It makes my wait so much harder to swallow:cry:

Even with all the teething issues, I still think the 5DMkii is a good buy just for the high ISO alone. If you are earning money from photography, dun think too much just get it. The camera will pay for itself after a few paid shoots, the ability to shoot without flash in low light and get keepers is simply priceless.

Seems like this black dot issue is good after all - helping people to decide if getting the Mark II is only a want or really a need.

Bros, I think if only Canon would LISTEN!!! They would release an updated 5D mk 1 N as I describe in this poll.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449502

It's not only me, the people have spoken... We want the 5D mk 1n!!!!

Not everyone can or will splurge 3.5-4k on a camera but we want a good camera to work with.

Seriously bros, if Nikon releases a D500 and if it is full frame or drop the D700 to 2.5k -2.8k, I WILL sell all my L lenses and switch!!! And I will make it a mission to convince as many as I can to switch because Canon DOES NOT LISTEN to consumers!!!

Aiyah just get what is enough for u, don't always have to be the latest gadgets as it's a never-ending spending spree despite the current economic crisis.

basically, people want more for less

typical singaporean mentality.

the poll doesn't mean anything. Canon will not listen

Who cares if Canon listens or not, we'll have to settle on what's best for our needs. I think the 5D MK 2 rocks (I wanna get 5D Mk1 for my collection too) and look forward to Canon replacement for 1Ds MK3 = Medium format?? Here's hoping!

The most obvious deciding factor is price. If you can afford a Mk II, why not? If not you can easily pick up a 2nd hand Mk I for about 1.6-2kish.

can't get 5DMK2 ... 5D also can do good jobs ... :bsmilie:

I kidded my FM earlier about 5D MK2 as birthday present. She asked, "How much?" and I said if I were to dispose of my 40D, its batt grip and 10-22 EFS lens, I will be paying around a hundred bucks on installment for the next 12 months.

To my suprise, she said "Ok". :mad2: Wasn't expecting that. Sometimes there really is truth to that saying: "Be careful what you wish for". :bsmilie:

:Later,

Is 5D Mk II made to order? How much stocks left in Singapore or HK? Hopefully the price will drop below sgd2k and 50D drop below 1k .....

Is 5D Mk II made to order? How much stocks left in Singapore or HK? Hopefully the price will drop below sgd2k and 50D drop below 1k .....
:think:

No harm in dreaming... as long as it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare. :sweatsm:

Your wish would probably come true when 5D MKIII and 80D is launch...3 to 4 years down the road I guess:bsmilie:

My wife's offer got me thinking. :sweatsm:

Wonder if I can sold off the following for, say, S$2.2k?

- Canon 40D. Excellent condition. Bought Sep 2007. Shutter count @ ~8.5k. Comes with extended warranty that covers the cam until Sep 2010 (TBC). Comes with box, manual, cables etc.
- Batt Grip: BG-E2N. Impulse buy on 3rd week Dec 2008.
- 1 extra original BP-511 battery. Hardly used.
- Canon EFS 10-22mm. ~4 months old. Still under local warranty.

All are first hand items. :angel:

That way, I probably just have to top up about S$2k.. should I go ahead satisfying my urge (a *want* really, not *need*).

Some initial reviewers feel that the pictures from the older 5D are sharper with more detail though.

Can't afford to get a 5D MKII, so only go for 5D. In addition, getting new 5D MKII will need further upgrade like Memory card and PC to handle the big file sizes generated by new it.

Status
Not open for further replies.