Upgrade from crop body to FF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
There are already ultra wide and fisheye lenses for crop cams.
Didn't realised that Sigma got a 4.5mm circular fisheye that give real circular fisheye effect on crop DSLR... "pai siah" :embrass: :embrass:

But is there any lens that's equivalent to a 12mm ultra-wide on a FF??

Have a nice day.

Why I upgraded from crop body to FF?
The perceived improvement with low-light shooting when accompanied with awesome glass.

How was FF?
Don't know. Hard to say when one hates the system.

Why I am going back to a humble D80 and DX all-in-one?
Meh. Crop has worked well for me in the past. Don't need the fancy 5D2.

Recommendations?
Research properly as I didn't.

The larger the sensor, the more depth of field and 3-dimensional quality you get from the image, just like film negatives. The larger film negatives, the more 3-D the image due to d.o.f. and details captured. But all these do not make you a better photographer. A good photograph still depends largely on your imagination and your eyes. There are dozens of crop-sensor users who produce more stunning shots than FF users out there. As for FF, you will get more choices for wide angle lenses.

:thumbsup:

Hi,

Didn't realised that Sigma got a 4.5mm circular fisheye that give real circular fisheye effect on crop DSLR... "pai siah" :embrass: :embrass:

Have a nice day.

There are circular fisheyes for FF as well. Like the el cheapo Peleng 8mm for instance, and the sigma 8mm.

But i am not aware of any autofocusing circular fisheye nikkors/canons for FF. There are the older MF nikkors and are pretty pricey and not easy to get.

ryan

Hi,
I think not everyone that upgrade to a full frame need a full frame, most of them want a full frame... so if the photo is no good, it's user fault ma... ha ha ha ;p

Sounds kinda true :bsmilie:

yes, you will miss out on the chance to realise that FF is not necessary to produce good photos.

jokes aside, crop bodies can produce good photos also.. and do remember, when you use FF, to get the most out of it, you have to use GOOD GLASS.

Hmmm, true... but I'm wondering if that applies to crop bodies as well? (i.e. to make the most of crop bodies, i have to use good glass as well?)

GOOD GLASS = L lens? :think:

Hmmm, true... but I'm wondering if that applies to crop bodies as well? (i.e. to make the most of crop bodies, i have to use good glass as well?)

GOOD GLASS = L lens? :think:

Not only that, also lenses from Carl Zeiss and Leica.:lovegrin:

Hi,

Have a nice day.

Of cos, the sigma 12-24! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions! Have certainly cleared some of my doubts regarding crop vs FF... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.