Unusual fuji problems?

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
Have encountered some unusual problems with my X-T10, was wondering if anyone had encountered them too and what is the servicing charge like?

1. one of the metal camera strap lug came loose. It's shaking loosely but still attached but I don't want to leave a camera hanging by the strap. Never dropped or knocked so maybe it was due to some pressure inside a camera bag.

2. 1 speck of dust inside the camera sensor. PRobably between the glass and the sensor, not on its surface. Not noticeable at 1.4-2, but from 2.8 onwards it becomes very visible on every photo. The automatic sensor cleaning doesn't do a thing for this.

I'm guessing servicing on the second one will cost a lot, has anyone serviced before for this?

1) For the loose camera strap lug, you can try putting a drop of thread lock on the exposed thread & gently tighten the lug while pulling the lug away from the camera body. If the lug tightens up snugly then its fixed. If it still cannot be tightened this way, the nut & thread lock holding the lug in place had probably broken loose.

2) Speck on sensor. For stubborn or stuck dirt the automatic sensor cleaning will not be able to remove it. Have you tried blow cleaning the sensor with a blower or tried a wet clean with a sensor wipe?

im quite sure the dust is.under the glass.. tried blowing already。 looks like its off to servicing. Seems to be a known problem on dpreview

Pollen grains can be quite sticky and stubborn, as in no air blower will remove it, but dust in between glass and sensor? I do not know but I am sure stranger things have happened. Perhaps a trip to camera store to have sensor professionally cleaned might be an economically good first step? Good luck I hope your issues can be resolved promptly and cheaply.

Last edited:
Please update us on what you discover concerning this spot. You have me curious about it now.

I used a sensor swab and the speck refused to budge, then when I held it up to the light it didn't even appear to protrude from the surface of the sensor like a speck of dust would, so it led me to believe it was between the glass and the sensor.

anyway today I changed lens a few times at an event, and each time I noticed the speck shifted position. by the end of the day the speck moved to the edge of the sensor. Looks like I don't need to service for this yet. I'll see whether subseuqnet use moves the dust speck around again. Hopefully it doesn't, I'm guessing opening up the sensor will be very expensive.

Hi i have the same prob and will like to know whether fuji will fix this and how much would this cost?

If it's a sensor cleaning job at the service Centre I remember it's not going to cost u more than $30 to do it, it's reasonable in that I guess it skips the risk of having to clean the sensor with a swab and risk damaging it.

for me, the dust problem hasn't resurfaced so I think the dust is stuck somewhere out of sight now. But the rubber grip has come off on both the left and right sides of the camera. Does servicing for this last, or is it usually just a matter of weeks before it comes off again? The way I see it is that they'll just reapply some thin adhesive coating or tape.