University Survey Questionnaires???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisc

Oct 24, 2002
Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
Done by a SG marketing university student. Asking me to answer. Er, you serious???

http://surveyshare.com/survey/take/respond.php?page=0&rid=85936&sid=22287

eg:
If we were to come up with a device to keep your drinks/food warm, will you support the idea ?
MY ANS: I believe it's been invented, it's called the stove, oven, microwave, thermo flask, cup warmer, etc.

11) Will you patronise the cafes/restaurants more if you know there is such a device to keep your drinks/food warm ?

She still living in a cave?? You figure.

:bsmilie: the intelligence level of of local grads dun seem to be too high isn't it? I have suspected it for sometime now~ :sticktong

perhaps you should consider before making such a sweeping statement. If you aren't a local grad yourself, you could either be mistaken by others as being:

1. (where you are an overseas grad) - snobbish and subscribing to the idea that foreign grads must be better than local grads; or

2. (where you are not a grad) - reverse-snobbishness where you only show your insecurities at lamblasting those of better education level than you.

rebbot said:
:bsmilie: the intelligence level of of local grads dun seem to be too high isn't it? I have suspected it for sometime now~ :sticktong

From my own experience, generally I find the local students from Polytechnics asking better questions, and they work harder! The students that we get from NUS were often not interested in their projects, and before 5pm they already start to pack things up! :-(, they really have no idea of the working conditions in Science (long hours, working in the weekends.........).....

Some of the best students we got from the A-levels were also very good! These end up in the Universities though......local or overseas (if they were no good in chinese he!he!)......

I for myself, I bough my degree on-line! Cheap and fast!.........

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
From my own experience, generally I find the local students from Polytechnics asking better questions, and they work harder! The students that we get from NUS were often not interested in their projects, and before 5pm they already start to pack things up! :-(, they really have no idea of the working conditions in Science (long hours, working in the weekends.........).....

Some of the best students we got from the A-levels were also very good! These end up in the Universities though......local or overseas (if they were no good in chinese he!he!)......

I for myself, I bough my degree on-line! Cheap and fast!.........

Hong Sien

that's stereotyping the students in NUS ;(

eikin said:
that's stereotyping the students in NUS ;(
I said 'from own experience' and 'generally'..............read carefully before feeling sad.......and I should add: these were Science students (many of these have no plans to stay in Science though), I have no comments on students from other departments........

HS

You can too own a prestigious Degree !!

Pay a visit to one of the mani shops in Philiphines....

U can get ANY cert of ur choice in a matter of days.. for a mere USD$70, and i saw it before... as good as real......... no one can tell the difference, onli if u dun possess the qualities, getting the cert also no use.. whaha..

actually, how many of you have seen a portable, battery-operated device that supports your cup and keeps its contents warm? so you could patronise a cafe, order a coffee or a cup of tea, and spend the rest of the day chatting with your friends knowing that your drink is warm and stays warm.

please don't make sweeping statements based on limited experience :) there are sections of the nus undergraduate population, i must admit, who have no interest in studies and have generally low intellect and aptitude - still we must not discount nor malign the remainder of the students, right?

Well, these uni undergrads are just trying to do their assignment which they might even feel like putting effort in. So using their homework to judge the local undergrad population do not seem very clever to begin with...

Ummm...

maybe if you did bother to read the OTHER questions you will not suffer from tunnel-vision and realise that they are promoting innovativeness and inventiveness?

Quote question 8 : " How often do you face the problem of your hot drinks/food turning cold before you can finish it ? " this implies on your table and not in the kitchen.

Quote question 10:"If we were to come up with a device to keep your drinks/food warm, will you support the idea ? "

I dun think a stove, microwave etc is used to keep ur food warm ON your table? Even if so, I dun see why NEW products cannot be created to suit emerging needs?

Such needs drive engineering innovation. Maybe a micro- microwave might be the norm in future? Who could have predicted that man will fly or land on the moon in the 19th century?

If there is a need, innovation will step in... do not just be a bystander who cries boohoo whenever u feel a controversial topic headed your way.

Your lambasting of a SINGLE question with total disregard to the context of the ENTIRE survey is extremely disturbing and IMHO is just stirring up some ill feelings amongst the community.

Pls excuse my quotes in capitals as I feel there is a need to emphasize CERTAIN points. I'm not trying to shout in cyberspace. :)

BTW I'm not affiliated to the survey in any way just abit taken aback at such demonstration of a condescending, "holier-than-thou" attitudes ...

hahah :D

cphile said:
Ummm...

maybe if you did bother to read the OTHER questions you will not suffer from tunnel-vision and realise that they are promoting innovativeness and inventiveness?

Quote question 8 : " How often do you face the problem of your hot drinks/food turning cold before you can finish it ? " this implies on your table and not in the kitchen.

Quote question 10:"If we were to come up with a device to keep your drinks/food warm, will you support the idea ? "

I dun think a stove, microwave etc is used to keep ur food warm ON your table? Even if so, I dun see why NEW products cannot be created to suit emerging needs?

Such needs drive engineering innovation. Maybe a micro- microwave might be the norm in future? Who could have predicted that man will fly or land on the moon in the 19th century?

If there is a need, innovation will step in... do not just be a bystander who cries boohoo whenever u feel a controversial topic headed your way.

Your lambasting of a SINGLE question with total disregard to the context of the ENTIRE survey is extremely disturbing and IMHO is just stirring up some ill feelings amongst the community.

Pls excuse my quotes in capitals as I feel there is a need to emphasize CERTAIN points. I'm not trying to shout in cyberspace. :)

BTW I'm not affiliated to the survey in any way just abit taken aback at such demonstration of a condescending, "holier-than-thou" attitudes ...

hahah :D
There is no need to invent new products to keep food/drinks warm on the table, these were already used long ago! There are food warmers fo rthe table, don't know if you can get them in SG, but my family had one in the seventies at home, and all restaurants in Europe have these. Also, there are those that work on a small candle........can transform those perfumed candles or those made for incense to work for food???

HS

okok HS,

Perhaps I overdid it a bit... but nothing should stay static right? That's what the Baconian vision of Science & Technology is supposed to do.

To improve people's lives and break new, existing frontiers of doing things?

Haha... maybe tabletop foodwarmers are not of great interest to Clubsnappers but hey, who doesn't want a 200 Gigapixel handphone camera with 1000x optical zoom in a package smaller than a hearing aid? :p

Hands up for those who wants a 6Mp DSLR the size of a ice-cream container?

Haha... I'm re-emphasize that I'm not "anti- anyone" hor! :D

hongsien said:
There is no need to invent new products to keep food/drinks warm on the table, these were already used long ago! There are food warmers fo rthe table, don't know if you can get them in SG, but my family had one in the seventies at home, and all restaurants in Europe have these. Also, there are those that work on a small candle........can transform those perfumed candles or those made for incense to work for food???

HS

Umm, so what if you feel that there is no need for such a product? Do you believe that your opinion will accurately represent that of the population?

And also, do you really think a candle can keep the entire plate of food warm?

Haha, no offence, just feel that your arguments are a little wierd

The dark force is stirring up in here... No thanks to inflammatory remark by first poster... :sweat:

Stars wars coming soon... Episode III: Revenge of the Uni grads? :laugh:

i_yagami2 said:
Umm, so what if you feel that there is no need for such a product? Do you believe that your opinion will accurately represent that of the population?

And also, do you really think a candle can keep the entire plate of food warm?

Haha, no offence, just feel that your arguments are a little wierd
Only someone who has not used this platewarmer before can say such thing :)

I only said there is no need to INVENT such a product as they already exists!, lah! Please read postings properly...........

Hong Sien

ah, I feel healthy debate is good!
No pretence here, I'll just view my thoughts in simple english.

7. How often do you face the problem of your hot drinks/food turning cold before you can finish it ?
Who cares, people usually finish their food fast. Even if it gets cold, who cares if its cold, since by then, ur food is almost.. er finished?

9) Will you mind having your hot drinks/food turn cold after some time
In our climate we don't really bother. People don't usually want to spend unnecessary $ just to keep it warmer esp in regards to food. How many of you finish his/her food slowly? Drinks? Don't we like nature to take its course.

11) Will you patronise the cafes/restaurants more if you know there is such a device to keep your drinks/food warm ?
Which restaurant doesn't serve warm/drinks food? Nope, no difference to me.

Just my thought. Seen way too many survey questions from local undergrads such as this 1. Yes, there's the cup warmers too which has been invented but never been implemented in cafes. I'm sure they have a reason for it. No bad intention, just sharing, for some laughs (some of my friends find it funny).

I think the next thing they're trying to come out is to make food/drinks cold. HMmmmmm

dennisc said:
ah, I feel healthy debate is good!
No pretence here, I'll just view my thoughts in simple english.

7. How often do you face the problem of your hot drinks/food turning cold before you can finish it ?
Who cares, people usually finish their food fast. Even if it gets cold, who cares if its cold, since by then, ur food is almost.. er finished?

9) Will you mind having your hot drinks/food turn cold after some time
In our climate we don't really bother. People don't usually want to spend unnecessary $ just to keep it warmer esp in regards to food. How many of you finish his/her food slowly? Drinks? Don't we like nature to take its course.

Which restaurant doesn't serve warm/drinks food? Nope, no difference to me.

Just my thought. Seen way too many survey questions from local undergrads such as this 1. Yes, there's the cup warmers too which has been invented but never been implemented in cafes. I'm sure they have a reason for it. No bad intention, just sharing, for some laughs (some of my friends find it funny).

I think the next thing they're trying to come out is to make food/drinks cold. HMmmmmm
I for one eat very very slow! My old teeth has been falling off several years ago, now I have to do with some plastic teeth.......which come off once in a while, especially when laughing!

Since I finish my food in about 1 hr, food warmers are a welcome table accessory......especialy in airconditioned restaurants! Cold chinese food is not easy to eat.........

Hong Sien

Where you all get the idea that they going to invent a food warmer???
Flaming out from nothing??? :nono:

IT could be a marketing student doing survey for cafe marketing. I do not see anything wrong with the survey.

How i wish that coffeshop could serve me that $0.7 coffee with a cup warmer.:p

clizeer said:
Where you all get the idea that they going to invent a food warmer???
Flaming out from nothing??? :nono:

IT could be a marketing student doing survey for cafe marketing. I do not see anything wrong with the survey.

How i wish that coffeshop could serve me that $0.7 coffee with a cup warmer.:p
I am not flaming.......where did you read that? Flames are needed for foodwarmers :)

Hong Sien

Status
Not open for further replies.