Dec 15, 2005
Here're some pix from the UK.

20080718052141_fountains1.jpg

At the Fountains Abbey.

20080716165655_dsc_0064_tm.jpg

Sunset at the Lake District.

20080718032625_castlerigg1.jpg

Stone circle at Castlerigg.

where is this "fountains abbey"? i did a search, north yorkshire?

lake district is indeed beautiful, i hope to visit it along with cornwall soon. it would be a shame not to.. :)

i would prefer the second shot to be taken less tightly, maybe a few steps back or zoom out more if you could.. :) the colors, textures and idea of composition are nice though!

hello new member! i love the new members you guys are so active sharing your pictures!

these are gorgeous! i love one and three. 2 is stunning too with the sunlights painting shadows on the rocks.

Are those tors formations on the 3rd pic?i like the soft mood it portrays, and the mountains at the back are awesome.

Last edited:
More stuff from there:

20080726015219_kingscave1.jpg

King's Cave on Arran.

20080806165732_edinburgh1_dark.jpg

City of Edinburgh.

20080806165620_trees1_bw.jpg

Trees at the Cnocan Gorge.

where is this "fountains abbey"? i did a search, north yorkshire?

lake district is indeed beautiful, i hope to visit it along with cornwall soon. it would be a shame not to.. :)

i would prefer the second shot to be taken less tightly, maybe a few steps back or zoom out more if you could.. :) the colors, textures and idea of composition are nice though!

Yep, Ripon, near York. A few kilometres further north. There are a whole buncha ruins there. I will post the rest from the series later.

I would've liked #2 to be broader too, except there's a park bench on the left and a fat family on the right :(. I already had to clone out a small piece of clothing on the right.

hello new member! i love the new members you guys are so active sharing your pictures!

these are gorgeous! i love one and three. 2 is stunning too with the sunlights painting shadows on the rocks.

Are those tors formations on the 3rd pic?i like the soft mood it portrays, and the mountains at the back are awesome.

Thanks. Those are actually stones arranged during the neolithic times by people for unknown purposes. Like Stonehenge. There were so many people there on that day that it was a miracle I got a few pics without people in them altogether.

20080806165505_sunset.jpg

Over Windermere.

Nicely captured.

20080716165655_dsc_0064_tm.jpg

Sunset at the Lake District.

i dunno if there is a name to such a style, but that reminds me of those pictures they painted for the biblical stories - grassland, rocks, a little gloomy sky, very warm but a little more yellowish low light.....

20080806165620_trees1_bw.jpg

Trees at the Cnocan Gorge.

i like this one a lot, the treatment is very apt. the windermere one is one i cannot agree with though, the color palette is very disorientating.. mainly because a green sunset can never sit right with me.

Thanks guys.

Strange about the turquoise sunset. It's the colour that I got after white balancing and upping colour. I liked the transition from that blue-green to yellow, and left it. I can't remember what was the real colour of the sunset: it's been over 2 months now!

One more from the Fountains Abbey:

20080808093017_crypt2.jpg

The cathedral at Ely:

20080718012503_ely1_tm.jpg

really inspiring pictures... juz would like to know...

the cathedral of Ely was taken at wat focal length? and also for the Columns at the Fountains Abbey too?

Thanks people.

maximize: the cathedral and the columns are both taken at 24mm. that's the widest my lens can go.

Loved reading this thread - I also went to Fountains Abbey and had such a great day there. I highly recommend it to any one who is able to visit. My only moan is that I forgot to take my tripod.

Loved seeing your photos as they remind me of home. Glad you had a nice time.

Last edited:
Next place I would want to make a stop at. Really lovely pictures you got there.

By the way, Manda, love your underground series shot in your portfolio. I'm so drawn to strong powerful lines. Wish I can compose and capture like you.

Great that you guys like 'em. I forgot my tripod for the entire UK trip, so that really kinda sucks. Half my photos are shakey and the tones and colours muddy with the crap D70 kit lens. :(

---
http://www.lux-solis.net/photo

Last edited:
WOW!! vy vy vy nice...

dun know what to say d...
cuz it is vy vy nice

Status
Not open for further replies.