Unbelievable service at Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a lighter side, funksoulava, maybe u guys were on candid camera on TV show??? Imagine seeing yourself getting angry and then suddenly the producer come out of nowhere and show u the camera!

Astin said:
Do u ever see the sign saying: Please Pay Your Bills Before You Leave?
I do see: Please Pay Here/ Casher

My point is: No matter what, if u choose to in the SERVICE line, u ought to be prepared to provide good service. Be it a ridicular request/demand from a customer, on ur worest bad hair day.

Firstly, your title is misleading .....
it should be re-titled as: Unbelieveable BAD service at Hans.

But basically the old generation thinks differently from the new gen of young service staff. I find that most young gen staff are normally friendly and helpful and they normally even prefer to create an atmosphere of "family-like, fun" with the customers, especially with new restaurants halyving ang mo waiters/bosses, probably due to tough competition in the current environment. On many occasion, the "boss" will serve us deserts and sometimes complimentary house wine to us with the waiters saying "on the house". Probably we always praised the cook if the food is nice, or the waiters if the service is good, etc... Would gladly supply the names of such restaurants if requested.
But i dont seem to have the same service when in food courts, fast-food, sea-food areas coz they employed mostly elderly staff .... ever have this experience of having ppl sweeping/mopping the floor and asking you to lift up your legs while you are eating?

In your case, complain to the management is essential but dont be too harsh to the old staff..... i think it is the managment's fault.

Astin said:
Haha, tell me in Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Australia, u move the tables yrself or u ask the restaurant staffs to move for u?
I have been to all these places except Philippines, and to USA, Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, the whole Europe, thousands of restuarants, dozens of diff cultures, if there is a need for party, someone would call ahead to the restaurant and tell the staff, if it is ok the staff will move the tables before we arrive, if it is not ok then we just eat at different tables of 4, or 8, etc.
It is sometimes amazing to see ppl in Singapore moving tables around as if they own the restaurant, locals and foreigners as well.

I don't find it amazing at all. the concept is just like having another chair at the table. people want to sit together. but being yelled at is another thing. i don't believe everyone would actually call the restaurant unless it's an important occassion, or in this case it's more like a fast food/food court type of scenario for them just to arrange the tables for your arrival.

What you have not seen doesn't mean it does not happen. Sure you might have went to thousands of dining establishments abroad. but are u sure you go there to eat AND observe whether people shift tables and chairs to make this comment?

Hi Funksoulava, did you guys visited the Zheng He's voyage exhibition at National Library on the same day? If not wrong, my parents joined in the tour as well. Did not hear anything from them abt this matter though.

djork said:
I don't find it amazing at all. the concept is just like having another chair at the table. people want to sit together. but being yelled at is another thing. i don't believe everyone would actually call the restaurant unless it's an important occassion, or in this case it's more like a fast food/food court type of scenario for them just to arrange the tables for your arrival.

What you have not seen doesn't mean it does not happen. Sure you might have went to thousands of dining establishments abroad. but are u sure you go there to eat AND observe whether people shift tables and chairs to make this comment?
U mistaken a chair as a table? Why dont u try going to (example) Chinese restaurants and start moving the tables and see the expression of other guests or waiters?:bsmilie:

Interesting, I experiences similar BAD treatment when I first visited the National Library branch last week..
I was there with my kids and wife -- it was around 8pm for dinner..
When I reached there, I was looking for baby chair.. and so I asked the waitress if they have any baby chair for my younger son..
and the reply was.. "it's there over the entrance.." and point to the entrance and walk away..

Is this Good service??

No more Hans at National Library for me from then onwards.. :thumbsd:

Astin said:
U treat the restaurant as yr playground? "Come lets move the tables here and there...". Honestly I dont see this type of things happen in other countries except Singapore leh...

It happens here too :) ... when they come here

I don't see the need to condemn the restaurant/establishment just because of bad service of a waiter. Unless all of the staff were rude, it's just not reasonable to fault the restaurant entirely just because one staff has some anger management issues.

funksoulava said:
Maybe members from other countries can give some input on this.

When i was in the States, people not only returned the trays before they leave, but also took a tissue to wipe the table to make the place comfortable for the next user.

Hi guys.... cannot help but say this since the thread starter asked for opinions frmo pple living overseas...... over here in Houston, its okay for the customer to move the tables voluntarily "at their own risk" If there is a large group, the waitstaff would move the tables for you before you dine and after you leave. On the fun side... if the waiter asks you to move the table back to its origional place, and if you fall or suffer some injury(torn tissue is themost common symntom)... the restaruant must compensate you... what you get in the package is that you get a few days off work, and the restaruant will pay for your loss of income and you also go for some shiok shiok body massage all with compliments to the restaruant.... now you know why over here they never ask the customer to do anything? ;)

swimcraze said:
When i was in the States, people not only returned the trays before they leave, but also took a tissue to wipe the table to make the place comfortable for the next user.
Do they shout at their customers if their customers did not return the trays?

Astin said:
On a lighter side, funksoulava, maybe u guys were on candid camera on TV show??? Imagine seeing yourself getting angry and then suddenly the producer come out of nowhere and show u the camera!

Astin, if we were on candid camera or 'Gotcha' (candid camera is the American version), we must praise their patience as the whole group were there from 11am to about 1:45pm. Waiting amost 2 hours to spring a joke on us would be very entertaining.

adamadam said:
It happens here too :) ... when they come here

I suppose adam is refering "they" to singaporeans. I can swear that I have seens tables moved for locals in Sydney, all parts of New Zealand and ... to my best recollection, I have not seen a group of people sit apart because of the table arrangement.

evq said:
I worked in Hotels' banquet, Food Court drink stall, 7-11, Jap restaurant etc.(Part-time)
Was shouted at, looked down, some customers even tried to cheat by claimming that they have given $50 note instead of $10. Some educated will use 'powerful' english to insult & argue if they loose their grounds. Hoping that the 'low class' workers couldn't understanding them & give in.

Once there was this man ordered 4 cups of coffee. Paid, went back to his table.
Then came his colleague(a lady in office wear), demand a refund for one of the drink & started to be rude. Reason for refund: they've only 3 of them. Hahaha... :bsmilie: What the....
I reasoned with her. The four letters word came out of her mouth. :bigeyes: The Highlight, she complaint to manager that I scolded her with those words instead. Even her colleague(that guy) was shock.

I think evq has given very valid points especially considering that he himself was in the F&B service industry. One would have imagined that he would be defending the actions of 'tired and frustrated service staff with a bad hair day'.

He also mentioned something that I left out. If the staff in question was to have approached and asked us nicely to re-postion the tables and chairs, we would have done it.

rule no 1: Don not complain anything till u finshed your food and about to leave.
cos waiter usually will add special ingredients to your food and drink ..

Rgds

simon80 said:
rule no 1: Don not complain anything till u finshed your food and about to leave.

Rgds
HAhahha :bsmilie: this i fully agreed. I've my fun days too;p

simon80 said:

Rgds

The above very true. :)

Anyway, have just spoken with the HR Manager of Han's. Have related the whole incident to him and he offered his appologises on behalf. He also mentioned that they will trace who the staff is and 'will probable counsel him or give him a warning'. He sounded quite sincere so I guess we'll not pursue the matter. Don't want to jeopardise anybody's rice bowl over this incident.

evq said:
HAhahha :bsmilie: this i fully agreed. I've my fun days too;p

not wicked meh ? :devil:

funksoulava said:
The above very true. :)

Anyway, have just spoken with the HR Manager of Han's. Have related the whole incident to him and he offered his appologises on behalf. He also mentioned that they will trace who the staff is and 'will probable counsel him or give him a warning'. He sounded quite sincere so I guess we'll not pursue the matter. Don't want to jeopardise anybody's rice bowl over this incident.

Agreed. Let the case rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.