UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your company has to pay you any unclaimed earned leave.

say if you get 14days leave a year, and if you work for 6mths never take any leave, you are entitled to get paid for the 7days.

Minimum Days of leave in singapore is 7days

MC + Hospitalization Leave is 60days by MOM rule.. minimum if im not wrong.
so its like 14days MC up to 60days including the 14days if it is a hospitalization leave, hospitalization leave need not necessary be you have to be hospitalized

My ex company gives up to 90days.

Sounds like a company my friend is working for.

One of my ex company has a mass resignation of 100+ staff after the bonus was released. :)
Supervisor and below got zero bonus, the managers and above got 3months... wth

If you are intrested, I can put you in touch with the lawyer who runs a course on Labour Laws.
You may like to attend his course.

Company wants to make sure that you do not play prank with fake MC. My company do not allow ppl to take leave if they are serving notice. (ie within the 1 month, you cannot take any leave except sick leaves which must be presented with a genuine MC) Cos if you take leave, and you give just 30 days notice, you are shortcharging the company by the number of days you took leave. That way the company can demand you to pay the one month pay. (1 month notice or 1 month pay in lieu)

I suggest you get someone to deliver a copy of your MC or send by email to yr HR and ask if they really need you to go back for questioning. cos if you go back and something happens like accident along the way, the company is not responsible and I think if I'm not wrong, if you are on MC, you are suppose to be resting at home or in hospital.

One of my collegue recently resigned and suay suay also MC for one day. My Boss reminded/advise him nicely to produce a MC the next day to avoid complication.

If you are really sick and hv MC to proof, you have nothing to fear.

Good luck.

ps. some companies have been granted permission (written) from MOM to extend their employee working hours and the number of OT hrs.
Good luck.

sounds like a company I personally know....:think:

At first, they insist I should report to head office in the morning today.
I am too sick to report to head office. But they say they will personally come and take MC from me in my house.

:think:
At first, they insist I should report to head office in the morning today.
I am too sick to report to head office. But they say they will personally come and take MC from me in my house.

it is a local company?

What the .... @#$@#$@, must be local firm. Boycott these slave drivers!

The correct term for MC is Medical Leave (or ML); it is a from of leave granted by medical practitioners to those whom they deem unfit for work.

What the .... @#$@#$@, must be local firm. Boycott these slave drivers!

Best part is if today target is $1000 and we hit $1500 there is no reward for the extra $500 we earn for the company. Then tomorrow target will be more than $1500 liao or else next day morning must report to head office at 8am sharp for meeting (aka tekan session) then after that rush back to store and work till closing (10:30pm). Song bo?
Do you think you can tehan working in this type of company?

do u mind dropping some hints , which co u r in , i sure siam these co far far away,
location also can if the naming is not convienent

If you are on ML and if the company demands you to go back, You are actually considered on working, and during the way should you faint, fall and die, get in a car accident, you actually can claim from the company.

Company has no right to call you back during your ML. you can ask them to send a des-patch over to collect the ML :)

If you are on ML and if the company demands you to go back, You are actually considered on working, and during the way should you faint, fall and die, get in a car accident, you actually can claim from the company.

Company has no right to call you back during your ML. you can ask them to send a des-patch over to collect the ML :)

Thats why I dun go to head office coz I'm really not feeling well. Now they told me that they will pay me a house visit to see if I'm really at home today or tomolo (tomolo my last day).
They say they will call up my doctor to investigate about my MC.

what is your main grievance or complaint? sure, you can lodge yr grievance with mom. but, you need to be clear about what you want to accomplish by doing so.

I have some questions on the labour law in Singapore.
I am a Singapore working in a retail line. But I already tender my resignation letter to the company. This company made all of the staff work like dog...from morning 11am to 9:30pm on weekdays but they will extend the hours to 10:30pm or even 11pm as they wished. Weekends working hours is from 10am to 10:30pm. Off is only 1 day per week and no weekends is allowed. Every month got one stock take..work till 3am but cannot claim OT and taxi fare. Forget to mention, they extend the hours they dun pay OT at all.
I know the labour law working hours per week is 44hrs, but I think I exceeded the hours (me working around 70 plus hours per week!!!). Somemore if sales target is lower than yesterday or last week of the same day, those staff have to report to head office at 8am in the morning and then rush back to store and work till closing.
I worked till my health suffers and I seen doctor and the doctor gave me mc, but now company not happy they want to see me personally. I heard that they will sack staff that take mc...worse of all, they hold the person's pay and demand the person to pay them another 1 month! What the hell?!
If they want to be unreasonable, can I report to MOM about this? Pls help..thanks!

what is your main grievance or complaint? sure, you can lodge yr grievance with mom. but, you need to be clear about what you want to accomplish by doing so.

This company just dun appreciate what their staff had been doing for them and keep demanding more without paying staff OT and keep calling all to go back 8am for tekan session. I am very unpleased about their style of management. So are around 20 plus more staff that is too resigning at the same time as me.
Now is that this company might want to find trouble with me for my 3 days MC, ask me to go to head office to summit the MC today and also threaten me saying that they will question the doctor for giving me MC. What the hell???!!!
If they really over the edge, I will not hesitate to log a complaint to MOM.

what is your co's procedures on taking mc? are you in full compliance with them? don't let them catch you.

This company just dun appreciate what their staff had been doing for them and keep demanding more without paying staff OT and keep calling all to go back 8am for tekan session. I am very unpleased about their style of management. So are around 20 plus more staff that is too resigning at the same time as me.
Now is that this company might want to find trouble with me for my 3 days MC, ask me to go to head office to summit the MC today and also threaten me saying that they will question the doctor for giving me MC. What the hell???!!!
If they really over the edge, I will not hesitate to log a complaint to MOM.

what is your co's procedures on taking mc? are you in full compliance with them? don't let them catch you.

For taking MC, I would need to call up my manager and inform her about my MC (which I already done so). And also they will do house visit during MC, so I also compliance with it as I stay at home all the while.

if you are sure about your full compliance with it, good luck tmrw. is yr a unionised co? if yes, are you a member? if yes, seek their advice and assistance, if necessary.

For taking MC, I would need to call up my manager and inform her about my MC (which I already done so). And also they will do house visit during MC, so I also compliance with it as I stay at home all the while.

if you are sure about your full compliance with it, good luck tmrw. is yr a unionised co? if yes, are you a member? if yes, seek their advice and assistance, if necessary.

They want to call up my doctor..so what will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.