UGENT! Some questions about Labour law..pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
ot but are employees allowed to take no pay leave if their illness is really bad?

Since you had tendered, might as well just go and see what they had to say.
Personally my experiences with M** didn't give me the impressions they can do much about the situation.

U can use M** to scare them a bit so at least u will not lose out... but when it comes to making a formal complaint, i think might as well don't waste time.

i agree with nisa, look at the complain about pregnent woman being vitimised by the company, how many is being resolved fairly? even if the company decides to retain them due to the mom persuadetion, do you think they still have future in the company?? anyway, it is just you against the company, do you think the friends in the company will back you up should there be enquries by the authority? they have to think of their own rice bowl 1st.

I am really thankful to all bros who stepped up and help, thanks again once more...
Tomolo I will need to go to head office and kena questioned why I MC liao...sian! :sweat:

Why go back to office if you are on MC? :nono: They will said that if you can go to office, then you are fit to work. :what:

ot but are employees allowed to take no pay leave if their illness is really bad?

for hospitalization, there's up to 60days of paid sick leave. after that.. its probably a grey area.

subjected to approval by the company themselves, some organisations are willing to allow for no-pay leave, some companies i.e. robinsons even gave paid leave, and that if a company chooses to terminate, then there can be compensations by the company due to sudden termination based on such circumstances.

there is no statutory agreement under the employment act that such leave would be given, i.e. compassionate leave etc falls under this category and grey area perhaps

for hospitalization, there's up to 60days of paid sick leave. after that.. its probably a grey area.

subjected to approval by the company themselves, some organisations are willing to allow for no-pay leave, some companies i.e. robinsons even gave paid leave, and that if a company chooses to terminate, then there can be compensations by the company due to sudden termination based on such circumstances.

there is no statutory agreement under the employment act that such leave would be given, i.e. compassionate leave etc falls under this category and grey area perhaps

hmm my company only give 30 days of paid hospitalization leave....

hmm my company only give 30 days of paid hospitalization leave....
is it in your signed contract that states 30 days? cuz if its not inside, its by MOM's regulation of 60 days.

the contractual agreement that has been signed is important and has to be read word for word.. cuz many times.. companies would use it against employees when it comes to such discrepancies.

Why go back to office if you are on MC? :nono: They will said that if you can go to office, then you are fit to work. :what:

Then should I go to head office to report or not? But I do have my MC ready with me.
If I dun go coz I am really sick and need to rest at home, they can't do anything to me, right?

Then should I go to head office to report or not? But I do have my MC ready with me.
If I dun go coz I am really sick and need to rest at home, they can't do anything to me, right?
if can you can get a 2nd mc from another doctor or polyclinic as well.

tomorrow, if its a working day, will be a day of paid sick leave, with an MC either from a company approved doctor, and if there's no such appointment, then a Government-doctor.

is it in your signed contract that states 30 days? cuz if its not inside, its by MOM's regulation of 60 days.

the contractual agreement that has been signed is important and has to be read word for word.. cuz many times.. companies would use it against employees when it comes to such discrepancies.
it's okay. I will check with my side again... none of the staff ever fell so ill before other than a lady.... and i think she took about 3 mths off... though she was some what not entitled.

XXXboy i think u should just bring ur MC and go in tomorrow and see what the company has to say. I think mainly because u had already tendered, they didn't expect u to take so many "off days", cause usually a company would prefer an employee not to take any day off, from the day they tender.

Ask for a black and white of the demand to go back to office foe questioning, ot at least have witnesses who are willing to stand up for you.

Other than that, if you are questioned about your MC, just tell the ABSOLUTE truth: "Please check with Dr So and Soo of Here and Now Clinic' as I am not a qualified medical professional and cannot pretend to be a doctor and answer your question".

You might want to go on and state that you are in the process of checking with the MOM, and have approached the Singapore Medical Association regarding the entire matter of non-medically qualified persons speculating on the actions and [rofessional opoinions of registered and qualified doctors (I hope your doctor is).

Generally, once a chao nang employer knows that you know what's happening, and have approached the authorities, and that you have brought up their actions, two possible things can hapopen:

1) they will ball shrink and go err - ahh orr and suddenly start to convince you that 'it's not like that lah bla bla bla ..

2) they try to act even tougher like poker game hoping to intimidate you with whatever knowledge of the labout law they pretend or actually do know so that you will agree to whatever they say or ask you.

Whatever the case, DO NOT AGREE to ANYTHING tomorrow even if they all of a sudden promise to pay you immediately or whatever, or sign ANYTHING till you have checked with MOM.

Might as well razz their asses since you've already tendered.

And KEEP photocopies of EVRYTHING, MCs, SMS, e-mails etc etc etc...cannot slack in this dept.

it's okay. I will check with my side again... none of the staff ever fell so ill before other than a lady.... and i think she took about 3 mths off... though she was some what not entitled.

XXXboy i think u should just bring ur MC and go in tomorrow and see what the company has to say. I think mainly because u had already tendered, they didn't expect u to take so many "off days", cause usually a company would prefer an employee not to take any day off, from the day they tender.

I am really doubtful they will do anything good, they might even threaten to sack me.
As I heard from some ex-staff, they sack people, hold their pay and even demand another 1 full month of pay from them!!!
Just to let you have a idea of how "good" this company is, just this month alone, more than 20 staff had resigned!!!

I am really doubtful they will do anything good, they might even threaten to sack me.
As I heard from some ex-staff, they sack people, hold their pay and even demand another 1 full month of pay from them!!!
Just to let you have a idea of how "good" this company is, just this month alone, more than 20 staff had resigned!!!
if your company terminates you they have to pay whatever they owe you in salary, on the last day of employment, and if its not possible, this must be cleared within 3 working days from date of dismissal. thats for a dismissal scenario.

but if you resign, and your last day of service is sunday, your employee must pay you whatever they owe you if you have served your notice fully.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=264233

Maybe they read your previous posting? So, now they have doubts.

I dun MC at all...even I am really sick, I still go to work as my manager does not have enough people to cover...she treated me very well and I just go and help her out...until now I am really sick and down with cough and vomit...you dun expect me to vomit there in the workplace right?

if your company terminates you they have to pay whatever they owe you in salary, on the last day of employment, and if its not possible, this must be cleared within 3 working days from date of dismissal. thats for a dismissal scenario.

but if you resign, and your last day of service is sunday, your employee must pay you whatever they owe you if you have served your notice fully.

But how come my company hold back employee's pay and still demand one month from them? Is this MOM labor law??

go to work and vomit on your boss' head..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.