tuition assignments

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
anyone knows where i can find some tuition assignments for physics sec3/4 in the west area? so far i had no luck.:think:

problem is your age.

wait until you get some decent a level results, it will be easier to sell yourself, or for tuition agencies to sell you.

in the meantime, i guess you really have to just rely on word of mouth.

either that, or accept peanuts for pay.

problem is your age.

wait until you get some decent a level results, it will be easier to sell yourself, or for tuition agencies to sell you.

in the meantime, i guess you really have to just rely on word of mouth.

either that, or accept peanuts for pay.

hmm. wads the latest rates? i'm looking at like 20 bucks per hour kind of fees only:think:
cause i used to take tuition, then i understand how not easy it was to pay the fees, especially from the lower end income group.

back in my day, the typical market rate was 25-30/hr for a level students teaching o level standard.

of course, if you have contacts in bukit timah, 50/hr is no problem, have money will throw at tuition teachers, those parents.

i'm not sure how it's like, but there are many tuition agencies, you can always leave your details with them. they will usually take half of the first month in exchange for matching you to a student.. of course if the parents are unreasonable then they will drop you after a month.. and then you will be left with half pay :)

stick your adv on all the HDB block near your own block.. and pray

back in my day, the typical market rate was 25-30/hr for a level students teaching o level standard.

of course, if you have contacts in bukit timah, 50/hr is no problem, have money will throw at tuition teachers, those parents.

i'm not sure how it's like, but there are many tuition agencies, you can always leave your details with them. they will usually take half of the first month in exchange for matching you to a student.. of course if the parents are unreasonable then they will drop you after a month.. and then you will be left with half pay :)

okkies :) bukit timah? why there ar:what:

cause so far up till now, i never had a need to get tuition... chinese was forced upon me;) so i kinda out of touch with tuition rates. i'll keep a look out bah. i wanna give tuition, so as to earn money and then slowly buy equipments. i dun wanna be those kind of kids who just stick hand out ask money from parents.:sweat:

take one afternoon and walk around bukit timah road. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

hmm. okkies i shall.

anyone has any LOBANG here now? like who stay in west, got sec sch kids need this physics geek coach?:sweat:

I teach loads of maths in my free time. Haha.
Btw, another factor is no of yrs of experience. Teaching tuition isn't just imparting ur subject knowledge but providing mentorship in other aspects. The very experienced tutors always get recommendations by word of mouth coz of credibility in backgrd aside from education status. My advice is, wait till u are done w ur As. N then u have a cert to flaunt at the tuition agencies. :)

hmm. okkies i shall.

anyone has any LOBANG here now? like who stay in west, got sec sch kids need this physics geek coach? :sweat:
You have better chance as an undergraduate, an IP student qualification is nowhere here, nowhere there so to speak. :)

You can try spamming your tutoring service at the KiasuParents forum. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
You have better chance as an undergraduate, an IP student qualification is nowhere here, nowhere there so to speak. :)

You can try spamming your tutoring service at the KiasuParents forum. :bsmilie:

hmm. okkies noted. i might as well try and get from my juniors bah in that case. at least i got a rep in sch for physics:sweat: shall post adverts in my sch:sweat:

I'm Sec 4, looking for someone to teach Physics and Chem. In the east area.

My Secondary school in district ten BUKIT TIMAH!! YAY!!! Oh there's a broken bridge somewhere in tht area so be careful

I'm Sec 4, looking for someone to teach Physics and Chem. In the east area.

LOL chem i dun want teach... when u free? wad rates u looking for. if u can cover my transport fees i dun mind travelling to east to coach u physics

My Secondary school in district ten BUKIT TIMAH!! YAY!!! Oh there's a broken bridge somewhere in tht area so be careful

cause some genius dropped a crane on it i think:think:

LOL chem i dun want teach... when u free? wad rates u looking for. if u can cover my transport fees i dun mind travelling to east to coach u physics

lol u can afford the travelling TIME then say first...dun get caught up with earning money and screwing up ur promos, not worth it

lol u can afford the travelling TIME then say first...dun get caught up with earning money and screwing up ur promos, not worth it

so far so good. first term msg was 2.2, second term was 1.6. slowly rising. just need to get used to the pace;)

i'm trying to aim for a 1.4 at promos this year end.

i'm not sure how it's like, but there are many tuition agencies, you can always leave your details with them. they will usually take half of the first month in exchange for matching you to a student.. of course if the parents are unreasonable then they will drop you after a month.. and then you will be left with half pay

Nowadays.., I suspect that tuition agencies tends to assign more expensive tutors when parents call in, bcoz they want higher commission. Unless the parent reject the rate and insist on more affordable ones then they will filter to the tutors who offer a lower rate.

Tuition agencies can't really be trusted to select the best tutor for the students..

Last edited:
Nowadays.., I suspect that tuition agencies tends to assign more expensive tutors when parents call in, bcoz they want higher commission. Unless the parent reject the rate and insist on more affordable ones then they will filter to the tutors who offer a lower rate.

Tuition agencies can't really be trusted to select the best tutor for the students..

hmm i see i see. any poor student who lives in the west here and needs physics remedial? can have 1 trial lesson first;)