Tripod in to F1 Singapore?

Lactose

Mar 12, 2012
Hi all,

I dont know where to post this so i post here.

I am planning to bring a tripod to the F1 this sunday but i heard there was restrictions to it where it is not allowed in any grandstands. SO can i just enter the grandstands but not use it? will they take it away from me? or can i just tell them i wont be using it and they will let me enter the grandstand with it?

Any info much appreciated. thanks!

Lactose said:
Hi all,

I dont know where to post this so i post here.

I am planning to bring a tripod to the F1 this sunday but i heard there was restrictions to it where it is not allowed in any grandstands. SO can i just enter the grandstands but not use it? will they take it away from me? or can i just tell them i wont be using it and they will let me enter the grandstand with it?

Any info much appreciated. thanks!

Asked about 50 times before already. Yes it's fine. You can even use it in monopod mode

Asked about 50 times before already. Yes it's fine. You can even use it in monopod mode

Awsome! let this be the 51th time.

Thanks for the quick info!

However..for the consideration of the people around you...a monopod for such events is always better..even for yourself...gives you more freedom to pan and more space to move..a tripod is just going to hinder you and irritate the people around.

don't forget your ear plugs too

However..for the consideration of the people around you...a monopod for such events is always better..even for yourself...gives you more freedom to pan and more space to move..a tripod is just going to hinder you and irritate the people around.

He can still bring a tripod, but just extend 1 leg.

i just enjoy 'accidentally' kicking tripods when they get in my and everybody's way and cause a bottleneck the last couple of years... :)

you're not shooting fireworks and the track and the stage are well lit enough that a tripod is not necessary .... a monopod will belp with the pans

Last edited: